With no one there to hate... what do? What do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

Gul Dukat and Weyoun. I absolutely loved those characters and they were clear cut antagonists. I don't think you need hate to make it decent. You need excellent characterization.

Great examples.

jaksen

Caped Codder
Registered
Reaction score
In MA, USA, across from a 17th century cemetery
I read and write mysteries and in those you often haven't a clue who the 'big bad' is, or even if there is one. Often anyone and everyone's a suspect; the nicest guy could turn out to be a killer; the one with the worst personality might save your life. And even in books that aren't traditional mysteries, the ones with a 'puzzle' or question or mysterious element to them often do not have a clear cut antagonist either. How can you when you haven't a flippin' idea who the 'bad guy' is?

(Okay you might have an idea who or she is, but then again, you might be wrong. :D )

Reziac

Resident Alien
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.offworldpress.com
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

Gul Dukat and Weyoun. I absolutely loved those characters and they were clear cut antagonists. I don't think you need hate to make it decent. You need excellent characterization.

Geez yes. Dukat is my favorite of the entire series -- written and played with passion and depth, and a total sense of his own reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.