socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
Finish these two projects...

*waves hand vaguely towards lever-arch files on bookshelves*

...and then do a you-know-what-tonne of background reading in preparation for an overseas research trip in October.

Katrina S. Forest

Registered
Reaction score
Website
katrinasforest.com
My goal this year is the same as last year: 365 submissions.

I came surprisingly close last year (think I hit around the 300 mark), so we'll see what this year brings. :)

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
My goal this year is to finish off the novel I'm working on now, get it polished and ready for submission and to have it out on submission by at least autumn if not sooner. That's the main one but I would also like to do at least a couple of shorts and start on my idea for my screenplay that I need to have ready before I do my course next year.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
1. Finish first draft of my WIP - third book in a series.

2. Try not to be impatient as my agent shops the first book in the series and ever so slowly reads the manuscript of the second book.

3. Edit first draft of third book.

4. Continue plotting fourth and final book.

5. Futz around with some plot bunnies for potential other books in other genres.

KMTolan

No drama
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kmtolan.com
My goals are to finish and submit my next SF novel "Siren's Song" to my publisher, then pick up the fantasy "Storm Child" to continue my Hobohemia stories started with "Tracks".

Kerry

Patrick.S

Registered
Reaction score
Get over the next novel blues. I finished my first novel last year and did the whole query thing. Now I need to start on the next project and see it through. A lot of personal stuff has gotten in my way but now I need to sit down and remind myself that I can still draft a novel.

Stop thinking about the old novel for a while. I could send it out to more agents as I have only submitted to 18 or so, but I think my time would be better spent moving on to the next thing. I'm sure there will be some down time between drafts that I can work on subbing again.

Write better. This one is the most important. Write the story I want to read rather than the one I think editors want to buy. Write for the right reasons.

brasiliareview

author of Sweet Bread
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brasiliareview.org
My goal is to finish novel #5. I got a quarter way in before it died on the operating table. I have to find a way to connect metal tooth clips to its neck bolts and regenerate that sucker.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
My goals for this year:

1) Finish plotting 3rd book in series and write the damn thing.
2) Rewrite psychological horror novel on Sundays.
3) Write novella this month, release ASAP. (Need to get cracking on that...)
4) Rewrite paranormal romance novella.
5) Write more poetry.

Eli Hinze

Snuggler of Cats & Writer of Things
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elihinze.wordpress.com
1.) Finish editing and release my third novel, The Final Advent
2.) Draft my fourth novel, The Immortal
3.) Rework the full outline for my fifth novel, The Cradle
4.) Hopefully publish my short story The Stolen Sun

Good luck to everyone!

Two McMillion

Not a Potato Peeler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I guess one of my goals would be to get one of my projects into a place where I'd feel comfortable submitting it. As I'm a perfectionist, that may be a tall order, but we'll see!

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I have three almost completed novels. I've been dragging my ass on all three. My agent is breathing down my neck! (-:

My goal is to finish all three in a timely manner!

My 2nd goal is to get play #9 and play #10 produced! Please God let it happen! I thought I would have transitioned to playwright by now. I've had some great moments so far... But not enough. I'm greedy! I want to be the next Somerset Maugham! And I want 2015 to be my year! Lol

Last edited:

Motley

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
12 short story submissions and a whole bunch of self-published stuff. Also the first draft of my current novel would be nice.

kestra

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kestra.ca
Do a weekly post on my website.

Have a solid first draft of my new non-fiction book done by June, then editing over the summer.

docphotog

Registered
Reaction score
I make artists' books on photography, not written books. I hand print them as works of art.

I carried over a few of the old projects from 2013 into 2014. I had finished printing and placing the remaining copies of my second artists book Portfolio Peering Into the World of 1970's Hollywood and L.A.

(nsfw)

http://portfolioartistsbook.tumblr.com/

In late 2013 I had started on a project to honor the 50th anniversary of Ed Ruscha's Twenty-six Gasoline Stations project which was considered the first modern artists' book.

http://twentysixroadkills.tumblr.com/

In late 2013 I also started work on the landmark Encyclopedia of Photographic and Fine Art Ink Jet Printing Media. Even with running 2 to 3 printers it proved to be a very time consuming project taking almost a year to finish the 72 hand printed books.

In Late 2014 I started to ship sets of the Encyclopedia. The first set went to the Center of Creative Photography at University of Arizona. The National Media Museum in the UK, which manages the Royal Photographic Societies collection, had accepted a set, but the $1000+ Fed-X delivery bill blew up the acquisition.

http://encyclopediainkjetmedia.tumblr.com/

In early 2014 I came out with another landmark artists' book. This one was on the topic of self-harm.
'Cutters: There is nothing I hate more than myself.'

Now, there are plenty of books on self-harm. But nothing that goes into the depth and scope that mine does when it comes to documenting cutting.

I had to put my Bikers' Mardi Gras artists' book on hold due to all the work with these two preceding projects The book was completely shot, it was only a matter of putting it together, printing and binding. That is what I'm doing now. I hope to have a maquette done by late January 2015.

(nsfw)

http://bikermardigras.tumblr.com/

Future book projects I started in 2014

Whoop-Whoop

(nsfw)

http://familyicp.tumblr.com/

Circle (name pro tem)

Here is a sample page ...

(nsfw)

http://orderwomenlikepizza.tumblr.com/

These two projects are more or less done with the content. I just need to organize and print the books.
Doing anything worthwhile with photography is very tough nowadays. You know the deal with writing...same with pix.

I am winding things up with my photography. I started to sell off a lot of my gear that I can do without. I've placed thousand of prints with most of the major public collections around the world. In fact, I probably hold the world record for placing the largest number of original prints with public institutions in the shortest time length.

The problem is the institutions will not collect all of a photographers output. They will only collect a sampling of their entire output. (Unless they acquire the whole archive after the artist dies.) So in my case not much to do with more and more photos. I am a museum photographer and not a Flickr photog. If I can't place work with museums or large institutions it kidna put a damper on my interest.

I have enough projects to keep me busy for the next 2 to 3 years. So will see how things go. If you have freezing time in your blood, you must keep pressing the button. So one can only divorce photography so much from one's life. As it is now I have almost 2 years of material I have not looked through. (No it is not from Eric Kims harebrained scheme to marinate them. I just don't have the time. ) The only time I will shoot now is if I have a worthwhile project that can lead to an artists' book or a portfolio / museum placement.

J.S.Fairey

Registered
Reaction score
Finish two novels (drafts)
Edit current WIP into good enough shape
Start submitting it
Write and publish (on my blog) a poem every week

sugarhit

Writing a novel on my lunchbreaks
Registered
Reaction score
Publish 3 novels and 1 short story

Research 2016 books

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
1. Self Publish six books. And then publish some more. Oh, and release manga chapters.

2. Finish my Epic Fantasy series.

3. Try yet AGAIN to master word count. Tis a cruel affliction.

4. Continue to practice my synopsis writing skills. I hate them. But I feel like they are good medicine for #3.

Qui Amat Scribere

sed qui usquam procrastinates.
Registered
Reaction score
2014 was shockingly productive (relatively, since I'd gone years without really writing anything). I actually finished a novel! It was amazing!

Anyway, my goals for 2015:

Finish first edits for the completed novel (WIP1).

Rip my beating heart out of my chest and offer it to the gods - I mean, find a beta willing to look over WIP1.

Write a synopsis and query for WIP1 after beta edits are complete and force myself to actually submit it to people. Remind myself, often, that rejection will not literally kill me.

Finish WIP2, though if I'm busy with WIP1, I'll set it aside after to edit later.

Try my hand at some editing; possibly take an online editing course, if finances allow.

I feel that I'm not being ambitious enough, but I have to remember my limits and be realistic. I am tentatively optimistic for 2015. We'll see if this is the year I finally get something out there!

Anastacia

Milk Maker
Registered
Reaction score
Get my website up and running.

Break into at least one new higher paying market each month.

Get an agent.

Write a second non-fiction book.

LostGurl

Registered
Reaction score
I think I do better when I set a time frame for my goals. This may be altered as the year goes on:
1) Finish revisions to my novel in progress (end of March/beginning of April)
2) Find beta reader & hope for the best. Make edits according to beta critique (early June)
3) Write synopsis and query (early July)
4) Start submitting with my fingers crossed and skin (hopefully) thick! Repeat (as much as needed).

I also want to try to publish some short fiction.

Lena Hillbrand

Registered
Reaction score
Write 3 novels.
Edit/rewrite 3 more novels.
Finish last revisions & self publish next book in my current series.

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
Just realized I forgot to post here.

Finish:
2 novels
5 novellas/novelettes

pine-delice

Registered
Reaction score
My goal for this year is very basic; to find out (by the end of 2015) if I have any writing talent at all. Simples...

Darron

Always trust a geologist
Registered
Reaction score
I have a WIP that I've revised several times that I think I can finally say is almost ready for edits and betas. The hopeful goal by the end of the year would be to get an agent for it and try to get it published.

Status
Not open for further replies.