Following up on a submission -- advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katrina S. Forest

Registered
Reaction score
Website
katrinasforest.com
So, there's a certain pro magazine I've submitted to before, and I've always gotten a confirmation e-mail within an hour of using their webform. Didn't happen this time. They have an e-mail address in the event that the form doesn't work, so when the better part of a day went by with no confirmation, I used that as well.

A week has passed and still no confirmation or acknowledgment of any kind. It's a monthly themed magazine, and I wrote my story specifically for last month's theme. So, what do you think? Follow-up or not? I know based on previous submissions that they probably have not yet started reading for last month's theme, but will more than likely start soon.

EDIT: Made a decision on this already. Appreciate the space to type through my thoughts. :)

Last edited:

Abderian

Registered
Reaction score
Check your spam box. Do they use Submittable? Check Submittable. If still no joy, resubmit. Assuming there's a box for a cover letter, include a note very briefly explaining what's happened.

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You're perfectly okay sending them a polite query to confirm that they have your submission.

In fact, I had to do the exact same thing recently. They confirmed that, despite the confirmation email not coming through, they had the sub.

Querying is a better course of action than re-submitting the story IMO.

Abderian

Registered
Reaction score
She has already politely queried.

Katrina S. Forest

Registered
Reaction score
Website
katrinasforest.com
Thanks. I have actually e-mailed twice at this point (once to re-send the manuscript, as per their website directions if the form wasn't working, and once as a follow-up). I may try once more time after this, but after that, I'm not sure what else to do.

It's certainly frustrating and I'm mostly hoping at this point that the staff are just very busy and haven't seen my e-mail yet.

I appreciate everyone's input.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.