Today's responses: 3 requests vs. 2 rejections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonchild

I write fluff and that's OK.
Registered
Reaction score
So, it's been crickets upon more crickets in my inbox for weeks now. Seriously. I was not even getting rejections from agents who respond to all queries! :Shrug:It was getting to the point I was beginning to wonder if my emails were being sucked into all sorts of spam filters because, you know, the querying process is not hard, stressful and discouraging enough without the aid of technology snafus, right?

But no. Turns out January is probably Unofficial Catch-up Month for many folks, because after having heard Crickets Uber Alles for friggin' weeks, today must be Clear the Decks Friday or something, because I've gotten three (3!!!!) requests :eek: Well, and 2 rejections, but I'm not focusing on that! And did I mention THREE requests in one little day??? :e2bouncey
Ahem.

Sorry. I'm a little flustered. But... THREE!!! :e2bouncey One partial and two fulls! (And one is an upgrade from partial)

I don't even know if I should be cautiously happy or plain anxious. Mostly, I'm so used to the gazillion rejections vs. the odd request, I'm kind of stunned.

Thanks for listening. Gonna go break into the anti-anxiety meds now.

Last edited:

Moonchild

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys!:Hug2:

I'm still a little in shock and a bit afraid to feel too hopeful... Happy dancing bananas and good wishes very much appreciated! :D

I now declare all my fingers and toes officially crossed.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
CGs and good luck with the requests!

CosmicLibrary

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! That seems like a good ratio :) I've had the same thing happen too. I won't hear anything for months and then I'll get several requests/rejections on the same day. It seems like too much of a coincidence...

endearing

in love with Jesus
Registered
Reaction score
That's awesome, congratulations! Hope it goes well! :)

Moonchild

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the good thoughts, everybody. It was fun while it lasted.

Alas, I'm back in the land of the Big Silence, with the occasional rejection to spice things up a little. :cry:

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
One door closes, another one opens. That's my motto...even when the door is slammed in my face.

Status
Not open for further replies.