Any other low FODMAP diet followers out there?

ssbittner

scientist, artist, writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ssbittner.com
If so, I need decent recipes I can eat! My doctor has ordered me on a low FODMAP diet for two months and I'm so bored with food. Any help would be appreciated.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sassy, it looks like it's an acronym for stuff people with various kinds of gastro sensitivity are advised to avoid.

Interesting, it's a new one to me also!

Hey, ssbittner, good luck with it. :)

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FODMAP

FODMAPs are short chain carbohydrates (oligosaccharides), disaccharides, monosaccharides and related alcohols that are poorly absorbed in the small intestine. These include short chain (oligo-) saccharide polymers of fructose (fructans) and galactose (galactans), disaccharides (lactose), monosaccharides (fructose), and sugar alcohols (polyols) such as sorbitol, mannitol, xylitol and maltitol.
The term FODMAP is an acronym, deriving from "Fermentable, Oligo-, Di-, Mono-saccharides And Polyols." The restriction of these FODMAPs from the diet has been found to have a beneficial effect for sufferers of irritable bowel syndrome and other functional gastrointestinal disorders (FGID). The low FODMAP diet was developed at Monash University in Melbourne by Peter Gibson and Susan Shepherd.[1][2]
so does that mean, in shorthand or whatever, basically a low carb diet? Did you doctor give you a list of acceptable food? That might help in getting recipe responses.