• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

NovelRank

Smiling Ted

Ah-HA!
Registered
Reaction score
Unless I'm missing something, this site lets you track sales of any book on Amazon for a year.

Damned handy.

shelleyo

Just another face in a red jumpsuit
Registered
Reaction score
I've found it woefully inaccurate for fast-selling titles, too. It'll show the accurate rank at a moment in time, but the sales numbers have never been close on any of my books, regardless of how well they do or do not sell.

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
The numbers are close to accurate for my slower-selling titles. But, yeah, it really underestimates on anything selling well.

Still, it's convenient to have Amazon links to all my books with most of the different Amazon sites (.uk, .jp, etc.) all in one place. I check it daily. (And then don't really DO anything with the information, but... I check!)

ETA: I also use it to check on other authors - not necessarily in a competitive way, but if someone's offering lots of advice/proclamations on publishing or book promotion, I'll type their name into Novel Rank and get a rough estimate of where their sales are. Higher than mine? I should consider the advice. Lower than mine? I'll still consider it, but only on its own merit, not as something from 'an authority'.

Last edited:

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
I've found it woefully inaccurate for fast-selling titles, too. It'll show the accurate rank at a moment in time, but the sales numbers have never been close on any of my books, regardless of how well they do or do not sell.

I've had the same experience as Shelleyo. I'm clueless about the rankings though, so they might be right at any given moment. But as for the actual sales numbers? My experience is that as soon as my titles get those little asterisks forget about accuracy of any kind! For my slow selling title it also undercounts, so far.
HTH