• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Tiger Author Services & Book Trailers

The Grump

Hates Marketing. Loves Writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mktheodoratus.com
I'd like to recommend Tiger Author Services to writers looking for a cover.

You can see an example of their work in my new avatar. Most important, they are willing to work with you on reasonable adjustments. In this case, on the color of the print. They changed it from red to white which shows up in the smaller size.

They also format for Smashwords and Kindle.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah ... sorry to break this to you, but for "$100 plus cost of picture" they gave you unreadable type pasted across a photo at the wrong aspect ratio. They're going to fix that for you, too, I hope? The distortion does not look good as a book cover.

The Grump

Hates Marketing. Loves Writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mktheodoratus.com
Guess she has the old cover format up on her site. The one on my avatar is the one I'm using. -- I'm going to have to look to see if she has the first, unsuitable picture up too. *shrug* But, that's her site.

Why I like her so much is: She listened to me when I raised the issues. Unlike others I have contracted work with.

HapiSofi

Hagiographically Advantaged
Registered
Reaction score
Guess she has the old cover format up on her site. The one on my avatar is the one I'm using. -- I'm going to have to look to see if she has the first, unsuitable picture up too. *shrug* But, that's her site.

Why I like her so much is: She listened to me when I raised the issues. Unlike others I have contracted work with.
Grump, I'm glad that she listened to you, but there are people who will also listen to you who are professional-strength designers. This woman doesn't qualify.

She's particularly weak on typography. Your second cover is better than your first, but don't mistake that for praise. Setting the author and title type in almost any other typeface would have been an improvement on that first design.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
No activity since Jan '12.