Writer's Digest Bot Apocalypse Refugee Camp

ladybritches

late to the party
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Kim, Adam, Shadowwalker, Susan, & Stratton. Did I forget anyone?

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello all the new people and people on both boards. I'm not on WD, I just wanted to welcome all of you.

So without further ado: :welcome:

Gale Haut

waxing digital artistic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.galehaut.com
T, I did write one humorous YA Romance, but my novels would likely never be shelved in women's fiction, and definitely aren't chick lit. My true love is YA Fantasy. :)

Oops. I know you were mainly fantasy, but wasn't sure if you had an interest in women's fiction. I must have been thinking of Suzu.

You'll want to check out YA SYW as well, then. They've got a lot of active members there, and I've received some of my best feedback from them. :)

Please let me know if you post something. It's not a requirement. I just haven't seen your work in a long time, and I would really like to read some of it.

ladybritches

late to the party
Registered
Reaction score
Ha,ha. Yeah, I hardly ever post my work, that's why you wouldn't know for sure what I write. ;)

You'll be the first person I call on when/if I do post.

ladybritches

late to the party
Registered
Reaction score
Ha,ha. Yeah, I hardly ever post my work, that's why you wouldn't know for sure what I write. ;)

You'll be the first person I call on when/if I do post.

Hi, Chris. :hi:

Oops. Double posted. sort of.

Gale Haut

waxing digital artistic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.galehaut.com
Well, you have to get to like 50 posts before you can post your own work, so you could try doing some crits. If you're worried about reprisal, people aren't really suppose to attack a critter on here. It's the safest way to get started, I'd say.

ladybritches

late to the party
Registered
Reaction score
No, I'm not worried about reprisal. I'm a nice critter... well, usually. :evil

T, you know how much I talk. I'll have 50 posts by this time tomorrow. But I don't really have anything ready for critiques. I'm in a slump. :cry:

Kim Fierce

Attack me with everything you have.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimnflowers.blogspot.com
I haven't posted here in awhile. I don't post much either updog/ladybritches/vonny.

T/Gale I cheated and just copied your link to my blog into the sig line because for some reason I still couldn't get it. Will my final version have absolutely no spaces at all? I have experimented with several spacing options lol.

The only good thing about our exile is that for some reason I can access this web site at work, but they blocked me from WD ;-)

ladybritches

late to the party
Registered
Reaction score
Just thought I'd let you all know the critique forums are secured again at WD. Hope to see you all around both sites. :hooray:

L.C. Blackwell

Keeper of Fort Blanket
Registered
Reaction score
If you're worried about reprisal, people aren't really suppose to attack a critter on here. It's the safest way to get started, I'd say.

Especially since the Master of Squirrels is well known to carry a bazooka. (Yes, the squirrel jokes get a little weird.)

Seriously, personal attacks are verboten/banned/not-allowed/totally-not-allowed-around-here on all areas of the board, even in the Take it Outside area. And anybody who misbehaves is dealt with by the mods.

So if you have trouble with somebody, don't respond personally, just ask a mod to deal with it.

And welcome to the--er--Nut House. :)

Kim Fierce

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimnflowers.blogspot.com
I am still in exile! Can anyone PM me the email address for our SFF Summer Short Story Contest, and the requirements? I don't know if I'll be on WD until the deadline, and I have a story to send in!

*Edit. I have the info!

Last edited:

allz28

No Stranger To Rejection
Registered
Reaction score
So, I've found that I visit WD a ton less since the change. There's something about the new format where I get this overwhelming feeling of disorganization, and I just don't like to spend time reading posts. :(

shadowwalker

empty-nester!
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, then when I do look at new posts, many of them are just spammers.

I really, really wish they'd left well enough alone.

ladybritches

late to the party
Registered
Reaction score
Same here. For one thing, nobody else is on, for another, as Shadowwalker says, half the posts are spam.

I do miss talking to you guys though. I hope they get the problems worked out before everybody abandons ship. :(

Gale Haut

waxing digital artistic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.galehaut.com
I heard down the grapevine that some very active members might have created a new forum. But it's just a rumor.

Sorry the change isn't going over well. :(

But yeah, I tried critting stuff in the new software and it's almost impossible to do without strike through font.

ladybritches

late to the party
Registered
Reaction score
New forum, huh? I haven't heard that.

Kim Fierce

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimnflowers.blogspot.com
hi! I still haven't seen the new WD yet. I did submit to the summer short story contest tho!

And what's this new forthcoming publication in your sig line Gale? Awesome!