• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[eTailer] FirstChapters

RedWombat

Runs With Scissors
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ursulavernon.com
I just got a form letter sent via my website...I'll be gracious and not call it spam, although it's pretty clearly cut and paste and they didn't even paste the name of my book in...from a Malcolm Turner, aka David Conway, asking to feature my book on "Discovery-FirstChapters.net" and to sell it via their store.

Sadly, having that particular name makes searching for it darn impossible for my limited skills (and he also lists it as "FirstChapters.net" which is even more generic!) so I wasn't able to turn anything up here except advice on sending first chapters to agents!

It reads like a book-promo site--apparently you can read the first few chapters or something--but they also offer to sell it for a 50% commission (I am then informed that this is a really good commission for books under 2.99!) and to "pulse" it for a day where they lower the price. (I assume they're talking about my recent self-pub novella, since my publisher would have very unkind words about this foolishness on any of the others!)

I get very snarly about spam solicitations, so I probably wouldn't be following this up anyway, but I wanted to check and see if this sort of thing was going around.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Still only a handful of books, and the store's domain firstchapters.net is (recently) expired. Can view the base site here (last activity Nov '13): http://firstchaptersdotnet.wordpress.com/

Blueline's site never materialized.