• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Krissy Media Ink (formerly Just Joan Marketing Services) (Krissy Brady)

CaoPaux

Re: Brandy Magazine critiques?

I’m afraid their site does not inspire my confidence in their editing abilities. YMMV, of course.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
I've been a member of Krissy's terrific site for quite awhile, and Krissy has always been very helpful, kind and goes out of her way to help writers further their writing careers. Like Krissy said, everybody has their own opinions, but it surprises me that anyone wouldn't think bradymagazine and Krissy aren't great!

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
sherri234 said:
Like Krissy said, everybody has their own opinions, but it surprises me that anyone wouldn't think bradymagazine and Krissy aren't great!
I'm sure Brady Magazine and Krissy are wonderful, but the website is problematic. For example, if one were to cross-reference the listed agents with P&E, etc., there'd be some unpleasant surprises. In my opinion, of course. :scared:

BradyMagazine

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bradymagazine.com
thanks for the advice

Thanks so much for your feedback, I really do appreciate it! There is a reason as to why I am listing the not-so-popular agents/markets as well...

I found this fantastic website script called Comment Center, and have added it to the site under each market listing. What I'm hoping to do is have writers comment on the markets that they have had experiences with/heard suspicious things about, to help warn other writers. That way, not only does the writer receive a full listing about the company, it also helps them to weed out scams. I check on all of the comments, and when I see a negative comment about a company, I then forward the message to let everyone know what is going on, and try to find out whether anyone else has had problems with them. I'm trying to make the website as interactive as I can, so writers are able to network and fine-tune new strategies for marketing their work. It will also help them to not waste time with poorly run/scam companies.

Thanks so much again, your advice is very much appreciated.

seaaircarol

Frustrated Pluviophile
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Krissy's. In 2006, I placed second in one of Brady Magazine's poetry contests & won a neat prize which included cash & free admission to an online poetry workshop. I found Krissy delightful to work with.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Gone by Dec '12. Not finding any recent venture.