Hounding from the Depths of Perdition

Thuro

I'm Batman
Registered
Reaction score
Get a Bat. They'll eat anything.

Thinking of all these Batman jokes gets old.

(This post meant to be read in The Dark Knight Rises out of breath asthma attack Batman voice)

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
I've got a bat up in the belfry, but he keeps aiming his guano at my flowers, so he's in detention. And I'm on a hunt for dead pirates, not vampires tonight. Bella Lugosi just WON'T go away when Burt the Bat is around.

Do you think if I left out a couple bottles of rum, we could get this party started?

*pauses. listens intently*

Ooooh, wait, I think we've got a scurvy - aw, false alarm. Captain Jack Sparrow just ran off with my monkey.

Polly, it's just you and me now. Want a Nut-Thin?

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Well, good luck with the dead pirate hunt, I hope they don't keep you waiting too long. Gotta get your z's. ;)

I'm about to go crash. It's a bit early for me, but I'm going to give it a try to get some shuteye anyway.

'night, Batman, Tiddly, Ted, hounds

Ted, see ya Monday! Happy moving, if that's possible. :D

ooh, seems as if I just got a new avie! Awesome!

Last edited:

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
*gives Thuro an awkward wave*

*closes blinds and curtains, locks the doors*

:D

CoraKane

Wood Screws
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.corakane.com
I still haven't decided on a Halloween costume yet. I just may go as regret. I'm not quite sure exactly what regret looks like, but I think I have a few outfits from my twenties that may help.

tiddlywinks

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Ok, it's on! We are doing a fantasy-horror-romance spoof of Fifty Shades of Grey over in the humor thread for anyone who wants to join in this week. In honor of Halloween, the female protagonist is a zombie.

(And shaddup, certain peeps, I do NOT write about zombie sex. Well. Except for in this case apparently.)

If you want to contribute, awesome. If you just want to read and laugh your butt off, that's cool, too. Ted, you better be in on this - you instigated the whole thing!

See my sig for the link.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
TED!

Get in that thread RIGHT NOW and start writing kinky zombie-dwarf stuff!

Stat!

No excuses.

tiddlywinks

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainewitt.com
I know, I'm an instigator of many crude and wonderful things. The van is a fountain of plot bunnies and if you'd spend more time there you'd know this.

Hey. I totally used your van as a plot bunnie (god, why does that sound dirty?) in the Obnoxious Novelist thread. And duct tape. Speaking of which...I'm sure you could write something about duct tape in the other thread. Make it silver duct tape and then things will get REALLY interesting.

:roll:

Back to beating my head against the wall - I mean, reading again.

tiddlywinks

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainewitt.com
In other news: the grill is looking awfully dusty. And we haven't talked about brains or um...(shaddup, give me a minute, I've been dealing with zombies, ok?)...eyeballs or crunchy bones or whatever.

*sniffs*

I miss the smell of BBQ wafting in the caverns...the cackles of laughter as tubs of potato salad and gelatinous substances are shared over racks of ribs and shoulders, knees and toes. [uh oh. earworm.]

See? SEE??? It's driving me to read really bad drivel and it's affecting my fine motor skills. I mean, i just had to read "that's just mean and you told me you weren't a sadist." And I don't think that was meant to be funny. Even though I laughed maniacally.

*goes off to sulk in little dark corner. kicks a femur in protest. stubs toe.*

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
I have this neighbor you can have for the fire pit. Though I wouldn't recommend actually eating the creepy ba--antha herder.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Laurie, you may light all the fires you want anywhere you want. In fact, I like fire.

But!

DO NOT BURN DOWN THE BAR! 'Kay?

Honestly, there's really too much alcohol and other, um, flammable materials, and dead, um, stuff in here to really be lighting matches at all safely.

Not that that ever stopped anyone, including me, before...but that's why we have a pit.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Can we try out this box of dynamite I found buried in the newbie bone pile near the compost heap? They're just like really big sparklers, right?

Yep. Here, you take this box and stand waaaaaaaaaay over there and I'll light it with this fuse.

<doesn't allow Tiddly to see remote detonator in pocket>

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
So, on my way out the door this afternoon from work one of our engineers stopped me and told me today was his last day. The company's President had just let him go.

That was quite a shock even though I knew the guy had been having issues both with his health and trying to integrate with our culture and style as well as trying to stitch two different companies together (our sister company, a metal fab shop, is being integrated completely into our company by February).

My boss, who's the company VP of Production, seems happy with me though and that's all I'm really worried about. He was even joking around with me this afternoon after the engineering manager said something funny.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
*squints at Thuro's collection of sig quotes*

Okay, where is the mouthbreather who confused Riddler with the Joker? Somebody needs to get smacked.

*AHEM*

Hiya, Hounds! I'm having TWO Halloweens this year, wooooo! I only got to 25 in my marathon (too many bad ones burned me out--I couldn't take it anymore), but I dressed up as a dead masquerade ball attendee tonight (I was "late" to the party, geddit?); and tomorrow I'm going as a pirate. Reason being: the kids at the library had their costume parade today, so we get to wear costumes to work twice in a row. I LOVE MY JOB. <3

I have picked a NaNo bunny as well, so that's going to start Saturday. Might be doing it longhand, at least to start, because I'll be out of the country the first week of November. I'd *like* to bring Lenny (that's Lenny the Lenovo, my lappy) with me, because I don't like leaving him home alone, but I don't know if have the plugs to use that will make it work with American cords. I'm going to try to find them this weekend--I have a set of those things for literally all over the world--but I have no idea where I put them.

How are y'all on this fine Devil's Night?

tiddlywinks

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Waiting to see if I get slaughtered for blasphemy against the cabbies by mockeries in the FSoB thread. But....ohhh, it was worth it. :evil

So what did you pick for your NaNo bunny, Rhoda? I'm still trying to figure out if I can manage it, or if I should just buckle down and continuing with editing slogs through my current WIPs....sigh....

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
This.

I tend to get stuck in my plot threads, which is where things tend to fall apart, so I'm using the outline I made of the Hero's Journey earlier this year (when I did this Star Wars retrospective thing for my blog) as a basic skeleton. I'm thinking that might work for me--pantsing the actual writing part, but hanging it on a clear scaffolding like that. We'll see.

Sooo, what is this Fifty Shades of Bane thing? I hear "Bane" and I think of a Batman villain.

tiddlywinks

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Sounds cool! Glad you went with the third plot-bunny. I'm still thinking I should just throw up my hands and do the NaNo bit so I can finally hammer out my YA humorous fantasy I've only been kicking around in my head for um...(squints thoughtfully at wall) 18, 20 years? Yeah. Might be time to finally write that down.

FSoB is a loose, and i mean VERY loose, mockery of Fifty Shades of Grey. Well. Bane is Corpus Bane, the male MC who is a dwarf - LOTR dwarf - who has certain proclivities, and our young female MC is a sweet, slightly feisty zombie. Those of us who suffered the horror of actually reading FSoG (don't, really, don't....it's so bad. the writing is atrocious. i only read it for this parody idea) are trying to pull in some of the laughably bad elements of that book while going off on hilarious tangents that have included things like Lord of the Rings, Twilight, the Princess Bride, typical zombie jokes, horrible romance puns, and I just invoked Terry Pratchett.

*cough*

And there might be some guest appearances of AW'ers in the posts. Or not. You be the judge. It's pretty much a fun excuse to play off of others' writings and work your creativity. I don't think we've really had a good horror inclusion yet...*cough, cough, hint, hint*