How many musicians, artists, etc. ??

Bryan Methods

Registered
Reaction score
That's awesome Brasilia review. I always wanted to learn how to play the sitar.

Ah! Me too. I've always been fascinated by how the sound of a sitar is made.

I also want to learn the Chapman Stick. They're amazing.

stick.jpg

Locke

Lost the instruction manual
Registered
Reaction score
I always wanted to learn how to play a horn, Locke. Their cool on recordings, but even better when their live. Around Buffalo we have a blues band that pulls off the full horn section at gigs.

If you do, don't buy a silver one. Tarnish does not carry a pleasant smell — it's the chemical result of the silver binding sulfur out of the air. Plus, silver pits if you neglect it for long enough. No, go out and find an Olds Ambassador. They're old, brass, cheap, and can take a beating.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
I play the guitar and banjo, and am now learning the bodhrán. I'm having a blast learning the drum. I'm in a band (now practicing/playing only in the summer when our leader is here). I have an art degree (summa cum laude). While I don't have time to make any art I own an art gallery.

I spent a long time singing in bands around the Buffalo, NY area. After a long hiatus, I finally started taking piano lessons about 3 months ago. I'm learning Fly Me to the Moon by Sinatra this week. Cool tune.

I'm envious of anyone who can play the piano. That's just pure magic to me!

Publius

Hummin', comin', atcha . . .
Registered
Reaction score
Me too Snowstorm. My teacher's got a Master's, and is trained in Jazz and Classical. Sometimes he plays a song before he dumbs it down for me. It makes me wanna go home and cry myself to sleep. I'm afraid to ask how long it'll be before I'm even half as good as he is.

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
I was torn between writing and art in high school. When I got to college, I thought I had to pick one, and didn't realize I could have double-majored. I picked English and writing, but I still do art for fun (mostly painting).

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Cool thread! It's great to get to know some new and old names.

Until 2007 and a very bad bronchial infection, I sang soprano - mostly folk and jazz, with some classic rock thrown in. Not professionally, but for fun at conventions and gatherings. My voice has slowly come back a little, but now I can only sing in low registers. Perfect for torch songs, hey.

I intermittently play harp, psaltery, and end-blown flutes (quena and pennywhistle).

I've been a silversmith for longer than I've been a writer; the silver book in my avvie is one of my pieces from 2001.

I've been a fiber and bead artist for most of my life, in one form or another. I'm fortunate that I stumbled into artforms that celebrate beads and textile arts, and that I have solid, professional gallery representation for my jewelry, wall hangings, and book art sculptures.

Also, I write smut.

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
I do most of my writing on synthesisers and computers. A lot of techno, industrial and electro(funk), mostly. I dabble with poetry but yeah. Did a year of viola, a couple years of choir, mother taught me piano and had a few moments where I was taught composition.

brasiliareview

author of Sweet Bread
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brasiliareview.org
That's awesome Brasilia review. I always wanted to learn how to play the sitar.

Thanks. When I push myself out of my comfort zone, good things can happen. And if they don't, it's a learning experience! Btw I suggest you get started on the sitar asap. Didn't George Harrison say it takes like 20 years to get good at it?

I play guitar, jazz and latin/Brazilian, and write songs every now and then—I even used to be in a salsa band. I'm also a deejay.

What kind of Brazilian music do you play? Any favorite artists?

Last edited:

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
I take photos (mostly Scotland, England and Ireland), paint in Photoshop with a mouse, and make jewelry out of tiny seed beads, sewing them on one by one with needle and thread. My website has all three in different galleries: www.greendragonartist.com. I've attached one of my necklaces. This necklace is about 14 inches across, made with size 11 seed beads (11 to an inch).
Wolf2.jpg