Calling all beaders....you whoooooo

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I'm think of offering this one as a contest giveaway prize in a blog hop next month.

Cranejewelry--blackloopnecklace.jpg

The basic structure is an adaptation of a Hellenic loop-in-loop wire chain. I published an article on this variation in (I think) Beadwork Magazine, a long time ago.

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lovely, Filigree. Glad to see this thread at the top of the page again.

MM

lastlittlebird

avem narrans
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lastlittlebird.blogspot.com
All my beads are in storage right now :( I've got one more year of living out of a suitcase and then I might be able to re-start my crafty self.
You keep my inspiration levels up Filigree :)

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Gotta do something to drive away the sound of crickets...

I'm getting back into simple structures in beadwork, I think. This is a chain of off-loom woven strips in mostly turquoise-colored glass seed beads. I need to be thinking of intricate and over-the-top designs for shows, but this one just wanted to be made.

Cranejewelry--TurquoiseChain.jpg

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Thinking about it, if I have the $30 for the entry fees. I've got a beaded mask, a big Serafini-style collar, and the bronze streampunk necklace that I'm considering re-doing. You're limited on work completed in a calendar year, or I'd put in some of my tapestries.

lastlittlebird

avem narrans
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lastlittlebird.blogspot.com
Have you placed before? To my admittedly untrained eye the work you've posted here looks just as professional and beautiful as some of the winning entries.
$30 is a lot though, I know that would make me think twice about entering a writing competition.
Does that include shipping the pieces? (or do you just enter by means of photographs? Sorry, I'm ignorant!)

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
My boyfriend has been crafting jewelry for 25 years now, but I'm only a novice of a year.

He tried the regular polymer clay in 2011, was happy and decided to branch into the PMC stuff.

It looks like a cool craft, so I'm going to watch him carefully and then try to make myself a little pendant.

AlisonD

Registered
Reaction score
As a lampwork bead & jewelry maker, I of course had to check out this thread! What beautiful work you all have posted! I'm afraid I have a hard time writing and beading. It's one of the other for me. I love seeing what you create, however. I do have a beading blog (http://glassali.blogspot.com) that has some of my work. :)

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Alison, love the beads. :D

I'll be lampworking soon. B got me a torch for Christmas. As soon as we get a concentrator and clean out the garage I'll be melting glass again! WOOT!

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
This is my first time in the Beaders' thread (the last page only since this thread is getting long) as I just started trying to work beads into my tatting.

All I can say right now is: :Hail: Filigree

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
I agree that beading is a matter of degree. There are some styles I just don't care for, and some I enjoy quite a bit.

Snow, do you have any work so we can see? I love looking at tatting and some of the work with beads are just awesome