In loving memory of my wonderful hubby Howie

McGill

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Susie, I just read about Howie's passing. I am so terribly sorry. I am thinking of you and wish you strength and peace right now. Although never having met either of you personally, it was obvious you and Howie had a special, endearing relationship, which is not over, only paused, temporarily. Take care of yourself Susie, I know that's what Howie would want.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Dear Susie,

I was traveling last week, and spending less time on AW -- I didn't know about Howie until just now.

I'm so very sorry. I'm sure your love was a huge comfort and joy to him, and I hope your happy memories are a comfort and a joy to you.

Bless you, sweetie. I'm thinking of you.

Love,
Cass.

Cassie88

Make mine a double entendre
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Aw Suse...

Just read the news minutes ago
It's hard to feel like a writer at times like these
Words can't replace warmth, companionship, love
No matter how much we want them to.

Grieve Suzy, as you must...but leave the door open just a crack.
Bit by bit, hour by hour, let the sun come inside
Let the memories of a lifetime help rather than hurt
Let the sun return

Howie wouldn't want to see you suffer
We don't want to see you suffer
The world needs chocolate ladies

Peace and Blessings Suzy...Bob & Helen

Susie, I had to post Bob's words. They feel as right as any words can be right now.
Bob signed it "Bob & Helen," and that's how many of your posts in the GC forum were signed, Susie and Howie or Howie says "Hi."

All these years with the ups and downs, Howie has felt part of the AW family.

Susie, if there is anything - if you ever feel like you might want to talk at 3 AM, call me. I'll just go to the bathroom and i'll be awake. I'll send you a pm with my number.

Please print out Bob's post and others that help and read them again. You are loved Susie and although we are not there... we ARE here.

Love, Cass

Last edited:

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Thx so much, guys. All your post bring tender tears to my eyes knowing you guys love me and we love you. Can't even talk about howie in past tense - he's always in my heart and soul. You all make me feel less lonely, though I'm having a hard time w. financial issues at the bank. It's awful. Big :Hug2:s to you all and hope all's well. xoxo

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Hang in there, Susie. The financial stuff will get straightened out.

In the meantime, have some ((((HUGS)))).

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Simran

Susie, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dear husband. My thoughts, prayers and condolences going out to you and your family. :Hug2:

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
thx much, K. Most appreciated. :Hug2:s and love you all!
Love you too, Susie. And you know what? I'll bet you'll be surprised at your ability to deal with the future. I've got great faith in you, and you know, we've always got your back here.

Fingers

My cat Toby
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in the woods around Portland Oregon
Susie, I am so sorry for your loss. As much love and caring and tenderness as you have shared, Im almost ashamed that all I have to offer you in your time of loss is these few words. Know that your pain is shared by so many people that surely it must be lessened at least a little bit. I am here if you need someone to talk to, yell at, or just to share a bit of quiet time together.

yer pal brian

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh Susie... I am awful, only seeing this thread today. I subscribe to a handful of threads and don't go to the water cooler much anymore, so I honestly didn't notice. But my heart is aching for you!

You are the most loved person on AW. And I hope that you continue to spend time here because we need you. And know that any one of us would drop everything to be here for you too.

Sending love and strength to you! :Hug2:

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Just saw these so nice posts and most appreciated. It's been terribly hard missing Howie and having to deal with more things than I'm able to. I'm trying though. Now I have to sell my house 'n move into a retirement home. Not sure how I feel about that... Hope you're all well 'n love you all lots. :Hug2:s

Moont

Registered
Reaction score
Susie, I am so very sorry. Hugs and prayers from me as well.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I'm heartbroken. Susie, you PMed and private messaged me more than any other soul in this group (for years on end). You always had something positive or uplifting to say to me. I might have slipped and told you, in a round about way, that if I ever get married again I want a Susie with me. But then I realized that a Susie was too good for me. Angels can't be with mortals.

You always mentioned Howie in nearly everyone of your posts. That's love, in spades.

Time does heal, but it never makes you forget. Think of the best of times with Howie. He's looking down and guarding over you now.

Chris