Registered
Reaction score

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I have a thriller coming out this month called The Wolfen Stain. And, no, it's not a dark fantasy or horror/paranormal. You might think of Michael Crichton getting in a car wreck with Whitley Strieber. Let me explain:

Tagline/Hook:
Seth Anson, a lovelorn forest ranger, never thought that he would shoot the first eligible woman he met after his divorce. Nor did he think that he would fall in love with her after nursing her back to health. But he certainly isn’t prepared to find out that she is the result of a DNA cloning experiment gone horribly wrong and, is in fact, a hybrid wolf/human. To complicate matters, she also has no idea of her true identity.

Seth finds out early that Melina Salinger is a handful. He mistakenly believes that she suffers from hypertrichosis (werewolf syndrome), and that she has escaped from a care facility. She confesses later that she has been confined in an underground missile silo by her geneticist father, Davis Salinger, and the only thing she knows about everyday life has been gleaned from video movies and television. Now she wants to be a normal girl.

It isn’t easy trying to indoctrinate a woman into society who pants, growls and thinks that Emerald City is a real place somewhere over the rainbow. The ritual shavings and skin maintenance are enough to drive him crazy. Moreover, when she goes into a feverish estrus cycle, sex and passion seem like blunt-force trauma.

Just when Seth thinks he has things under control, Melina becomes deathly ill. Her the mysterious father shows up to offer aid, and then shockingly confesses that she carries ancient wolf DNA. After recovering, Melina, shamed and traumatized by this knowledge, becomes suicidal and runs away. Only her father left out the part about her other littermate – a grotesque monster, Romulus, has just broken out of the silo compound. Romulus is bent on finding her for the purpose of mating and will kill anyone who gets in his way.

Seth has to use his skills as a ranger to find Melina in the Wyoming wilderness. He has Romulus out in front of him, the National Guard, the sheriff’s office, a maniac cryptozoologist, and every monster-hunting vigilante in the state hot on his heels. He has to decide if it is guilt that drives him on his quest to find Melina, or that somehow, this wild and beautiful female was destined to be the love of his life.

The Wolfen Strain examines the lurid morality issues that are dealt with in The Island of Doctor Moreau. Yet the predominant theme is that of forbidden love, found in Beauty and the Beast, only with the gender rolls reversed.

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
Congratulations, triceratops!

:hooray:

I'm so happy for you and enjoyed exploring the links at the bottom of your email. Especially your blog talking about how to write back and forth with an editor--something I'm doing right now.

Thanks for the help and wishing you the best with your book!

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Great news, triceretops. Congratulations!:Jump:

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
You guys, I must be on a roll. Just won two firsts in the local writers contest. One of them was helped along by the Share Your Work board:

Feature Article:
The Shetland Islands: In the Company of Forever

The other one, first place in Humor, was a rejection letter for Sherlock Holmes. After such a rough six months, I feel like I'm on a roll here.

Lucie

Last edited:

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You guys, I must be on a roll. Just won two firsts in the local writers contest. One of them was helped along by the Share Your Work board:

Feature Article:

The other one, first place in Humor, was a rejection letter for Sherlock Holmes. After such a rough six months, I feel like I'm on a roll here.

Lucie

Oh, well done!! And you were having a rough time just a short while ago - resilience is everything, isn't it?

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score

Feature Article:

Lucie

:hooray: Wonderful! I'm so happy for you. :) :hooray:

sandy gardner

Registered
Reaction score
braggatorium

Hi,
I'm new to this forum-- and I've just had my first cozy mystery, MOTHER, MURDER AND ME, published by Swyers Publishing, a small, indie publisher. I won Swyers' First New Author (fiction) Contest 2011. MOTHER, MURDER AND ME, is now available on Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble.com, Smashwords.com and from the publisher. And..... I was invited to do a guest blog on Mystery Writing is Murder -- it's scheduled to be posted Wednesday, May 16.
Sandy Gardner
[email protected]

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, sandy!

ETA: And a link to your book would be helpful! :)

sandy gardner

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Hey Jude
thanks! I don't know how to post a link -- can you help? thanks!
sandy

jeseymour

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jeseymour.com
Congrats to everyone! I just sold a short story, "Inigo Montoya" to Spinetingler. I'll let you know when it comes out. I'm thrilled, this is the first story of mine they've bought.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Feature Article:

Lucie

Just goes to show, you should never give up.

Congrats, Lucie.

And Sandy and jesey. Great news! :hooray: