Not open for further replies.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
ugh. Nausea sucks.

:( That is suckish. Ginger tea always helped me. Just cut up some ginger, boil the hell out of it, and add sugar to the resulting nectar. That, or you could just go and buy some ginger beer.

I know. My mother warned me about places like this.

I told my mother about this place and a very weirded out look passed over her face. Seems to be something in common with all mothers, I think, that sort of warning :p

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
You say multiquote, I say ha!

wow.... not even 2 pages on a Saturday??? what's wrong with us?

I been reading all day....

Perhaps this means that there's more good words coming from the rest of us? I don't know really. I wrote some, and I read some and I listened to some. It was good.

I told my mother about this place and a very weirded out look passed over her face. Seems to be something in common with all mothers, I think, that sort of warning :p

I only figured this out recently. If your mother knows to warn you, how did she find out in the first place that she needed to warn you about it? There's something we're not being told here right?

Morning cantina :Sun:

Tea?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That is so awesome, June. I haz a jealous.

Morning folks.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
ONE RING TO QUOTE THEM ALL

Can there really be too many of such a good thing? :e2brows:
Yes. I present, exhibit A:

See there's nothing good about :e2brows: It's kinda obscene and suggestive and a bit... I mean look at it: :e2brows: So... well... lemme do another one... :e2brows: Hey that's not soooo bad... Actually it's kinda fun... :e2brows:

:e2brows:

NO! IT'S CONTAGIOUS! I'VE CAUGHT WIGGLING BROW FEVER!

Just got some exciting news. My son drove to Frankfort today and just got back. he passed the first tests he needed to join the State Police. Two more tests to go, and he'll be a forensic computer technician.
Ooooh well done him! Hope things go well with the rest of the tests :D

I would, but I'm betting that you're already asleep by now :( Damn timezones
Yes, alas. It was 2.30am here when you posted that. But I did get about 1000 words per half hour, you wanna try and beat my record? We can have time-delayed word wars. I wrote 2000 words yesterday, see if you can beat me!

ugh. Nausea sucks.
I know :(

The new WIP is up to 3600 words. Now I've just got to write another 91,400 between now and end of April...
Are you on a deadline? 3600 is good. You wanna race to the end of the WIP? I'll race ya :e2brows:

OH GOD THE BROWS AGAIN

I know. Dire. I mean...

I only figured this out recently. If your mother knows to warn you, how did she find out in the first place that she needed to warn you about it? There's something we're not being told here right?
OH MY GAWD YOU'RE RIGHT HOW DID SHE KNOW

Morning folks. I'm watching me some tennis (Aussie Open final) in bed with MrMacologist. It's pretty good so far. Nadal vs. Djokovic. FAB.

Whut up peeps?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*points finger at Psycho and laughs*

;)

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Ooooh well done him! Hope things go well with the rest of the tests :D

He said the written test was the hardest part. Now he has a physical fitness test, and then an interview and polygraph. He's most nervous about the polygraph; seems that young, slightly inebriated computer science majors can sometimes get up to the sort of mischief that legal types disapprove of. They call it "college hijinks." The Law might call it hacking.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
*points finger at Psycho and laughs*

;)
Hey! It's your fault, you and your dong garden and you're wiggling brows and your pervertyness... *grumbles*

He said the written test was the hardest part. Now he has a physical fitness test, and then an interview and polygraph. He's most nervous about the polygraph; seems that young, slightly inebriated computer science majors can sometimes get up to the sort of mischief that legal types disapprove of. They call it "college hijinks." The Law might call it hacking.
Aaaaaawwwwwwkward...

But his hijinks are actually an advantage - he can think like a hacker, know the criminal mind, use it to his advantage.

I dunno if he should mention that in the interview or not...

Afternoon folks. Final is now at two sets all. Commentators just said that Nadal has been "thinking about Djokovic every step of the way". I feel a tennis bromance in the making here.

Also, Djokovic's wife is GORGEOUS. Just sayin'.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dudes, an adorable goldfinch came for a drink and the sunflower seeds in the window feeder. Then he napped while I got video. He is so cute. I hope he recovers from whatever has his so tired. Now hes resting on the bush. There was a falcon here earlier so this kid better lay low.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Psycho, a while back you were asking about my accent. I haven't recorded it, sorry about that. But I was surfing YouTube last night and came across a video that totally freaked me out. It was talking about speech patterns and social interactions, and they used my area as one of the examples.

I was so surprised by this (you NEVER hear this online or on TV) that I went back and checked. And the first third of the video was shot in my hometown!!!!

It's here if you want to hear. Yes, I sound just like the girls in that video. Anybody laughs, and I'll hunt.... I'll kill..... Okay, I'll just sit in a corner and cry. But i'll be mad while I do it, un'erstand?

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Y

Yes, alas. It was 2.30am here when you posted that. But I did get about 1000 words per half hour, you wanna try and beat my record? We can have time-delayed word wars. I wrote 2000 words yesterday, see if you can beat me!

Morning folks. I'm watching me some tennis (Aussie Open final) in bed with MrMacologist. It's pretty good so far. Nadal vs. Djokovic. FAB.

Whut up peeps?

Keep in mind that the tennis was still going when my dad went to bed, and he only popped off at 12:30 am.

Epic, I tell you. And this is local time - they're playing past midnight. *shakes head*

I'm going to go to bed now, because it is an ungodly hour in the morning, but I see your 2000 and I raise you and extra 500 :D Beat 2500 while I'm sleeping :p

that legal types disapprove of. They call it "college hijinks." The Law might call it hacking.

That's my excuse for a lot of things. Not sure it flies in all situations, but it's worth a shot.

Night all :)

PS just checked, and it's 1 am here, and they're still going with the tennis. They'll be lucky if they don't have a coronary during this match. Epicness all around.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No goldfish, lol

Theres a little more glare than I thought- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrhQRZ06zGU

After that he sat on the suet holder, then the bush, then went to the water again and looked way perkier. Hopefully he goes on to make lots o babies this spring.

Kweei

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kltownsend.com
Good Morning.

As yesterday was a stressful packed day of errands galore, I am determined to take it easy today.

How is everyone?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Staring at goldfinches, so pretty chillaxed ;)

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
It's here if you want to hear. Yes, I sound just like the girls in that video. Anybody laughs, and I'll hunt.... I'll kill..... Okay, I'll just sit in a corner and cry. But i'll be mad while I do it, un'erstand?
Are you kidding? I ADORE this accent. You sound like this? :heart: I LOVE it. It's a beautiful accent.

Keep in mind that the tennis was still going when my dad went to bed, and he only popped off at 12:30 am.

Epic, I tell you. And this is local time - they're playing past midnight. *shakes head*
They JUST finished now, it must be about 2am over there. Djokovic won it in the end. Great match all round though.

I'm going to go to bed now, because it is an ungodly hour in the morning, but I see your 2000 and I raise you and extra 500 :D Beat 2500 while I'm sleeping :p
Oh it is SO ON, missy!

No goldfish, lol

Theres a little more glare than I thought- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrhQRZ06zGU

After that he sat on the suet holder, then the bush, then went to the water again and looked way perkier. Hopefully he goes on to make lots o babies this spring.

Oooooh he's cute!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This finch is keeping me in thrall. He returned to the window feeders for a nap. Here's a poor quality pic from my phone when I'm inches away. I have better pics on my good camera.

bae4d347.jpg

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Are you kidding? I ADORE this accent. You sound like this? :heart: I LOVE it. It's a beautiful accent.

those long, heavy R's don't put you off?

That one fellow on the video tripped me up because he said, "He may could fit a size...." That's so wrong! it's "might could."

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
those long, heavy R's don't put you off?

That one fellow on the video tripped me up because he said, "He may could fit a size...." That's so wrong! it's "might could."

No! I actually don't like American accents in general, except this one. (What do you call this accent anyway? Southern? does it have a name?)

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
No! I actually don't like American accents in general, except this one. (What do you call this accent anyway? Southern? does it have a name?)

Technically it's called Central Southern Appalachian, or, more commonly, a West Virginia/Eastern KY accent. it's specific to our area. go a little further north, and the vowels shorten. Go a little south, and they open up, and the R's start to fall away.

Northerners and Europeans think the Southern accent is all the same. In fact, there are dozens and dozens of "southern" accents, each a little different. A Georgian sounds as different from an Tennessee native, to us, at least, as the difference between a Liverpudlian and a Welshman do to you.

Kweei

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kltownsend.com
Technically it's called Central Southern Appalachian, or, more commonly, a West Virginia/Eastern KY accent. it's specific to our area. go a little further north, and the vowels shorten. Go a little south, and they open up, and the R's start to fall away.

Northerners and Europeans think the Southern accent is all the same. In fact, there are dozens and dozens of "southern" accents, each a little different. A Georgian sounds as different from an Tennessee native, to us, at least, as the difference between a Liverpudlian and a Welshman do to you.

This is true. I'm a Northerner, but I know better only because I have family from rural Florida. They have a distinct accent from their area, but it's different than a Georgian or someone from the Carolinas or Misssissippi, etc.

This also complicates my accent whatever the hell it is. My dad still pronounces many words like he's in Florida. My mom drops her h's because her family was from Quebec. I was raised in MA, but don't have a strong Massachusetts accent. I puzzle people when I talk ;)

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score

*takes notes* I think that whole class of Southern accents sounds waaaay nicer than the other American ones. Sorry, other yanks. But there you have it. I don't like the 'standard' American accent, like you hear on TV - sometimes it's downright grating. But Southern accents are lovely. Maybe that's just me :)

Word war starts in 20 mins, btw, if anyone wants to jump in?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Southerners arent yanks :)

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Are you on a deadline? 3600 is good. You wanna race to the end of the WIP? I'll race ya :e2brows:

I have a fantasy novel first draft that I wrote back in 2003 which is not very good (by which I mean "terrible".) I've been toying with the idea of getting it into shape off and on for years now, and the Angry Robot open submission month seems like a good motivator. Not sure if I'll make it, but figure I'll try. Everything else I'm working on is totally stalled.

Status
Not open for further replies.