Status
Not open for further replies.

gotchan

Registered
Reaction score
Website
gordonrhorne.wordpress.com
Thanks everyone.

I am stressing about the credit report, so I did another of those "free" things through my bank for my credit report (creditreport.com - the last one I did was from my turbotax - it gave me a link for a free credit report and was a different company), and uh.... totally way different from the last one. All the same info shows, but the number is SUPER WAY HIGHER. I was terrified by that last number....

Too late, but advice for others: be careful which service you check your credit report with. Some of them show up as a hard query on your credit and lower your score just by looking. I'd guess a service your bank directs you to would be safe. They should know the ins and outs.

UrbanAmazon

It must be Thursday.
Registered
Reaction score
There's a condo a few blocks from here where the balconies on one side overlook the crematorium chimney.

... well there's a last post to stumble into the Cantina on. And I thought living in the shadow of the tar sands left a bad taste on your tongue. Yeesh.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
So my husband was able to confirm that what we thought were coyotes were actually TWO packs of wild dogs. He confirmed this when they came up into our south field just at dusk. That's less than a hundred yards from the house. So not good news.

So I've spent the last hour walking through the field with my husband, sister, and brother in law, hunting dogs. And, since I was the slowest on my feet, guess who ended up with the weakest gun?

And the most irritating part? We didn't get the damned dogs!

Two words:

Gatling gun.

:guns:

Two words: How Itzer

There is no kill like overkill?

I can respect your attitude. and your firepower.

I have been debating two thoughts on violence for my MC, as in how he views violence. I've been afraid to ask folks in the Cantina because it's dangerous, you bloodthirsty people you.

Thought 1: Violence is unnecessary in most situations. But when it is needed, there is no halfway. You go all the way. The dead don't come back to complain.

Though 2: Use only that amount of violence necessary to accomplish your goal. Wound where wounding will do. Kill where killing is needed.

So, since everyone is in the mood, what do you think? This is for entertainment purposes only.

... well there's a last post to stumble into the Cantina on. And I thought living in the shadow of the tar sands left a bad taste on your tongue. Yeesh.

The things that perk our interests here, eh?

Sorry I fell asleep folks. That nap snuck up on me.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This reminds me, I need to catch up online.

I'm a couple of episodes behind....

Btw Fen, isn't there a Castle thread in the TV section? And if not, shouldn't there be??

:D

I was thinking the same thing the other day, but never ventured out of the Cantina to check.

Morning folks. :e2thud:

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Morning cantinas :Sun:

It seems that the world hasn't melted yet so I've got some coffee and I'll wait for it to start.

I have to take what seems like half of my house to the charity shop this morning. After that, it's :e2BIC: all the way.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Morning cantinas :Sun:

It seems that the world hasn't melted yet so I've got some coffee and I'll wait for it to start.

I have to take what seems like half of my house to the charity shop this morning. After that, it's :e2BIC: all the way.

I was planning on doing the :e2BIC: thing today, myself. But I went and fell asleep. Maybe I can get a few hundred done tonight, if little debio doesn't hog the computer for youtube.

Morning all.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I was planning on doing the :e2BIC: thing today, myself. But I went and fell asleep. Maybe I can get a few hundred done tonight, if little debio doesn't hog the computer for youtube.

Morning all.

Sleep? Wasn't that one of the things someone told me I should live without now I'm a writer, that and showers and food and cleaning. I hav my priorities so wrong.

Is little Debio old enough to comprehend that if daddy is allowed to use the computer then he'll be able to earn enough money to buy little debio a computer of his own?

Yo know actually I'm not sure I'd go for a bribe like that, but it's worth a try.

Right, off to get rid of the stuff and hopefully come back with cheap books this time.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Sleep? Wasn't that one of the things someone told me I should live without now I'm a writer, that and showers and food and cleaning. I hav my priorities so wrong.

Is little Debio old enough to comprehend that if daddy is allowed to use the computer then he'll be able to earn enough money to buy little debio a computer of his own?

Yo know actually I'm not sure I'd go for a bribe like that, but it's worth a try.

Right, off to get rid of the stuff and hopefully come back with cheap books this time.

Yeah, doing rewrites for the Mason story took my sleep. I'm catching up before I get sick for reals.

I have a spare laptop, just need to get the keyboard fixed and I can stick him on it. I've just been waiting till he gets old enough to use the mouse well enough to pick his own videos.

He is 2 years 8 months. So not quite up to the long term aspects of that bribe. He's more of the immediate bribe type. Chocolate crunchy? okay papa, you can use it now. nom nom nom.

*papa bragging next. Don't read if you aren't interested in parental bragging stuffs.

Tomorrow we are taking him to some auditions. There is a regional magazine here called Happy Mama. It is magazine for mamas with young kids. It is a national magazine with regional additions. The auditions are for the cover of probably the fall issue.

We took him to this audition when he was just over a year old and starting to walk. He passed, and was on the cover of the magazine. I'm kinda hoping he'll do it again, so I can go around bragging again.

He is a special kid. Cute of course, but he has something special in his smile and friendliness that just makes people go squee.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
I got rid of the stuff, but the cheap books were all useless. I mean, do I look like the kind of person who reads Mills and Boon? :e2teeth:

:Coffee: anyone?

Well, since I had to go google Mills and Boon, and you happened to add the :e2teeth: smiley, I'm gunna go with....no?

Is it the genre? Or all the pink on their website?

I have pink shirts, but that was a bit much for me.

As for :Coffee:, right now if it is warm and tasty, yes. I went to sleep with the heater off and when it got dark it got cold, now I'm trying to warm up again.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Well, since I had to go google Mills and Boon, and you happened to add the :e2teeth: smiley, I'm gunna go with....no?
You mean that you didn't know who they were? At least now you're warned. I think the word you need to go with is :gaah

If they were a person they would be Dolores Umbridge, but without the malice. Ugh!

when it got dark it got cold, now I'm trying to warm up again.
You know it generally does that when it gets dark, you need one of these :Sun:

Have one these to help out for now :e2coffee:

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
The computer hog came home and wants to watch trains. I'm checking in occasionally.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have been debating two thoughts on violence for my MC, as in how he views violence. I've been afraid to ask folks in the Cantina because it's dangerous, you bloodthirsty people you.

Thought 1: Violence is unnecessary in most situations. But when it is needed, there is no halfway. You go all the way. The dead don't come back to complain.

Though 2: Use only that amount of violence necessary to accomplish your goal. Wound where wounding will do. Kill where killing is needed.

So, since everyone is in the mood, what do you think? This is for entertainment purposes only.

Option 1. Hold off on any form of violence as long as possible, but when it is needed, be able and willing to rain fire from Heaven.

That said, precise, surgical strikes are far more efficient and deadly than "carpet-bombing" because you're lazy.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, the computer hog has gone to bed, you tube is closed. Big debio had homework, I need to learn two new songs soon, so I can sing along.

I figured Cantinaites would go for 1. That's why I asked. you blood thirsty people you.

And I was thinking heat seaking missiles myself.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I figured Cantinaites would go for 1. That's why I asked. you blood thirsty people you.

Option 2 is good, but normally only works on paper. Very few people shoot-to-wound and live to talk about it.

Not that I don't support neutralizing a target over rampant killing. I suppose it all depends on the situation. Use a fist or a Daisy Cutter when appropriate.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

And I was thinking heat seaking missiles myself.

Also, just "wounding" someone is never a sure thing. You could aim for the leg but hit the femoral artery.

Might as well just put them down, when it comes to it, but *only* when it comes to it.

:guns:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And good morning Cantina-folk.

Google-ads seem to feel I need slimming jeans. I am trying not to take that personally first thing in the morning.

:Wha:

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Option 2 is good, but normally only works on paper. Very few people shoot-to-wound and live to talk about it.

Not that I don't support neutralizing a target over rampant killing. I suppose it all depends on the situation. Use a fist or a Daisy Cutter when appropriate.

Yeah, I'm actually toying with the idea of both 1 and 2. and him deciding that most "violence" is just fun and games. Real violence is when he is serious.

Or just skip the whole thing and see what he does when the situation comes up.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Or just skip the whole thing and see what he does when the situation comes up.

That might work too. You honestly never know how you'll react until faced with it. There were plenty of pompus bad-asses that turned into immobile piles of fear when the balloon went up while the quiet, mousy person that everyone joked about turned into the hard-core gut-stomper.

Your MC may just need to experience it to find out his/her true colors....

Status
Not open for further replies.