theodorebradyhunterparrish.jpg

Amber (Michelle Trachtenberg):
michelle_trachtenberg.jpg

Last edited:

jennifer williams

Registered
Reaction score
*fans self*

I love alot of these actors and actresses you guys casted! Where do you find them? I generally go with the people from the shows I watch and I always cast the characters before I start writing the story. I think cause it's easier to imagine the scenes before I write.

I have a few WIP going on at the moment and one (FATED MISHAPS) out to agents(butterflies everytime I check my inbox even when it turns out to be spam xD)

http://theunlockedcloset.moonfruit.com/ (summaries and cast pictures on there)

I have to applaud all the people who used Chace Crawford though lol he's my favorite swoon worthy hero at the moment...

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Alicia Witt would be ideal for Natalie in Partings and Greetings. If she were English and seventeen.

fairy86

Loose on the internet!
Registered
Reaction score
Here are a few of my characters in the new novel I'm working on.

Claudia (Selena Gomez): The MC.

Selena-Gomez-A-Time-For-Heroes-Celebrity-Carnival-Los-Angeles-June-7-2009.jpg

Sid (Keke Palmer): The BFF

keke-palmer2.jpg

Jude (Tom Felton): The love interest

Tom_Felton_529934.jpg

Harper (Deborah Ann Woll): The dead girl.

deborah-ann-woll.jpg

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I totally was thinking of finding this thread. I'll post pics at home.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
From Fireflies:

Fiona Hartwell

thumb.php

Troy Hartwell:

495ff7fe5ccdb.jpg

I need a pic for Luke, but oh well.

Red.Ink.Rain

Not your kid brother's YA
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kristin-briana.livejournal.com
Something I hope to be working on along with STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL once CoS is finished.

Asha (Ash) Grey:
Asha.jpg

(With more ashy-blond hair rather than brown)
Vegetarian, completely organic and totally out of her element when she moves from San Diego to a tiny ranching town in Colorado.

Penn Branson
Penn.jpg

Drake McCullough's right-hand man, serious, smart, but capable of intensely sarcastic humor.

Anevay Shaw
Anevay.jpg

The descendant of a fortune-telling Ute Indian woman, she likes to pretend she inherited her grandma's psychic ability. She didn't. But she did inherit her dark beauty, which she frequently uses on Drake. And Draven.

Logan LaRue
Logan.jpg

Likes to pretend she's emo, but in reality she just loves attention. She's constantly competing with Anevay, and she's dating Drake. And Draven. She and Anevay trade off every other week or so.

Everett Warden
Everett.jpg

All-American linebacker, decent and funny but bland as dry toast. He's the neutralizer of the group - the peacemaker, mainly because he doesn't fully understand the backbiting that goes on with his friends.

Drake/Draven McCullough
DrakeandDraven.jpg

Identical twins, they've lived on a ranch their whole lives. They can do everything, they've dated everyone, and they're scary-charismatic despite the fact that they always smell like a farm. Quite an accomplishment.

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
All my SNIs have been contemporary so far. This one came to me yesterday and I'm already falling in love with it.

Katherine Baker

3698215_09a7af1d-b997-4175-8fbe-2ae9c04c5ee5-molly-reduced.jpg

Katherine looks harmless, but she isn't. If she gets too angry or sad, she could kill something with one touch, one look.

Rein Abel

luke-pasqualino-20090307-497592.jpg
He's the son of General Abel, a man who believes people with powers should be exterminated. Some people say he is just like his father, but he strives to different. (Love Interest for MC)

Callum Lane

can07_HunterParish.jpg

His mother committed suicide after she gave birth to him in her car and he never knew his father. He has the power to freeze things, and despite his baby face, he has a bad temper.

Santiago Lopez

tyler3.jpg

He's a Drifter. (kids who go from place to place to escape the Academy) Though he's the youngest in the group that travels with, he is the leader.
His power is that he can move things with his mind.

(This is not the whole cast, but this is all I can find pictures for, for now)

maddicharmed

I'm not the writer I used to be.
Registered
Reaction score
For my novel, "The Alliance of a Wolf and an Angel" my main character was going to be played by Katie Cassidy. But when I saw a picture of Aimee Teegarden, I knew that she was the perfect Caridee.

aimeeteegarden.jpg

I also found the perfect Demetrious:

335546051.jpg

And for Maia:

nina-dobrev.jpg

LynKay

Hanging out through Space and Time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.marilynalmodovar.blogspot.com
Oh this is fun. And totally rocks. :D

For my Sphere's story I thought some of the people that actually inspired the look of the characters are too old but what the heck LOL

Jo ~ The MC, her world gets shattered when she discovers that her father isn't really who he says he is ~ [Nina Dobrev]
nina-dobrev-kids-choice-awards-2-3.jpg

Stoker ~Love interest of Jo in the beginning, he uses mind control on Jo and total memory manipulation so that she doesn't find out what he is. [Ian Sommerhalder]
ian-somerhalder.jpg

Bane ~student at the compound, Ethan's roommate [Andrew Cooper]
20060704110416.jpg

Blair ~friend of Jo's and Bane's girlfriend [Katie Gills]
ALO-072221.jpg

Thatcher ~one of the Guardians in the compound [Christian Bale]
christian-bale.jpg

Ethan ~Later love interest of Jo in the compound. [Nicolas Bemberg]
3939-500w.jpg

Valerie ~One of Jo friends [Katerina Graham]
The-Vampire-Diaries-Katerina-Graham-Bonnie.jpg

Joquin Escobar ~Jo's dad [Miguel Bose]
miguel_bose.jpg

Mary Elisabeth ~Jo's mom[Julianne Moore]
julianne-moore-1-sized.jpg

Taye ~Ethan's friend and Valerie's love interest[Mat Gordon]
141248dd28ru5.jpg

Last edited:

DrummerGirl

Capturing the Castle
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkcrush.blogspot.com
Damn, this thread is hot :) It inspired me to waste a bit of time finding my characters. (In hindsight, time well spent ;) )

Here's 4 of mine from my post apocalyptic YA. All the actors I've chosen are a little old, the characters are all between 17 and 20. I'm an aussie chick, so I've chosen 3 australians, but couldn't go past Henry Cavill from the UK.

Arden (Rose Byrne), the MC. Villager chick.
rose-byrne.jpg

Talen (Heath Ledger). Arden's best friend. The joker who charms everyone. In line to be village guardian. Everyone has matched Arden and him up from childhood - planning on marrying her...
heath_ledger.jpg

Heath (Henry Cavill - although he's way too old now...). The enemy, Prince of Eden. Meets Arden and they fall in love - to tragic consequences.
3244142_gal.jpg

Sage (Jessica Marais). Chick from Eden, betrothed to Heath. Despite being an enemy, is completely kind and sweet, which makes to way harder for Arden to hate her...
Character_Rachel.jpg

Jessica-Marais-5901846.jpg

Last edited:

LynKay

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Ta, I've just spent about ten minutes drooling over Henry LOL. And Heath *sighs* Your story sounds really good. Have you posted it here? In the erm... SYW? I'm not sure that's the right abbreviation. *hides*

Mharvey

Liker Of Happy Things
Registered
Reaction score
Very interesting thread. If I had to put actors to my main characters, it would be something like this:

jonathan_rhys-meyers1.jpg

The Prophet, to Dashel: "You've got strength, with a delicious streak of chaos. You know your destiny, yet you run from it… not out of fear, but out of spite. A true wild creature lives within you, pulling your strings – do you feel him?”

Dashel, 16, Main Character (Jonathan Rhys Meyers). A very ambiguously aligned character who has heroic ambitions, but fate has punished him every time he's tried to be one. He won't let his friends down, sometimes seeming even cruel and remorseless in their defense. Saved by the Prophet from certain death after he was cut down trying to protect his sister, his character is called into question many times - as he has quite the dark side, brought on by the Prophet and the trials he undertakes while fulfilling his blood oath. Jonathan isn't *quite* how I pictured him, but pretty darn close. He has a sort of tough aura that's not exactly threatening - you wouldn't be afraid to approach Dashel, but you'd want him on your side if something started. The physical attributes are close: mousy hair, lean face, but with an athletic build. I'd say he'd be a solid pick and do a good job with the role.

Nichols1.jpg

Prophet, to all his potentials: "I do regret having to kill one of you before we even really began… but I needed to ensure I have your undivided attention.”

The Prophet, 72, Supporting Antagonist (Jack Nicolson) - No doubt at all. The Prophet is a twisted meglomaniac who always grins wolvishly at Dashel every time they meet. Jack captures the vitality, intensity and methodical evil that the Prophet gives off like a bad odor. Having forced each of his 'potentials' to commit blood oaths, swearing the rest of their lives to his service in exchange for being saved from imminent death (deaths which he often planned in advance, of course), he just is an irredeemable son of a bitch, and wouldn't have it any other way. I've always said, give Jack phenomenal magic powers and a sheer hatred of the world, and he would make Sauron cry rivers... and Voldemort wouldn't even know what hit him. :D

joel-osment-haley.0.0.0x0.500x452.jpeg

Dashel: "How many more times will we stay our blade before we’re the ones who get cut down?”
Miles: “It’s my hope that we never stop… otherwise, what separates us from them?”

Miles, 15, Supporting Main Character (Haley Joel Osmet... when he was around 15) - Yes, Haley's an easy choice. No actor has quite pulled off such an nonthreatening, harmless aura - yet had such a quiet confidence about him while doing so. That's Miles to a tee: often overlooked by others as a nonfactor, but when pushed far enough, he's one of the most formidable people you'll have to deal with. Dashel's best friend and closest ally in the novel. His weakness is often his inability to go on the offensive soon enough, however - fortunately, that's never been a problem with Dashel. Dashel watches out for him like he's the little brother he never had.

chace-crawford.jpg

Dashel: "Let’s stop the child’s play then. Someone might lose an eye.”
Jaco: "Seriously though – how does it feel knowing you have exactly ten seconds left to live?”
Dashel: "Is this the part where we exchange petty banter in hopes of rattling each other?”
Jaco: "No, I think it's just time for you to die in a fire, Dash."

Jaco, 17, Main Antagonist (Chace Crawford). I admit, I was drawing a blank for Dashel's nemesis, and looked earlier on this thread and found this dude. :D I think in an eye, he captures the simmering confidence of Jaco - he's better than Dashel, and he knows it. Each time they compete, it's always with help from Miles or outside circumstances that keep Dashel from falling to him. Jaco is hostile and unpredictable, yet has a charisma about him where if you didn't know of the monster that lurked beneath the surface, you'd want him to like you.

AnnaSophia-Robb.jpg

Nalia, to Dashel: "You insult me with your arrogance! Did you honestly think I would be so easy to kill? That I would be so blind as to allow you within striking range with nary a defense in place?”

Nalia, 17, Supporting Character (Anna Sophia Robb). Don't be taken in by her good looks and sweet demeanor - that's a critical mistake that she counts on you making. By far the most intelligent character their age, Nalia is a consummate chess player, always thinking 12 moves ahead. And she plays life like chess - having no moral hangups about sacrificing those she deems pawns. Above all, she demands respect - those who give it to her, she may consider helping... as long as it's convenient for her. She shocks Dashel, Miles and Jaco at every turn, by seeming to surrender an advantage - only to either survive where others have fallen, or gain a major upper hand shortly after. Anna Sophia captures that sweet innocent mask, but when she glares at you - she can be more fearsome than Jack himself.

Well, okay, maybe not. But close! ;)

Last edited:

LynKay

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Human Flesh is a story about 17 year old Danica Dayton who is a prophetess, and her Guardian Angel who is now a Fallen Angel, Caleb.

Danica Dayton ~Doutzen Kroes~
doutzen_neiman_holiday2005.jpg

Caleb ~Nicolas Bemberg~
fresh_nicolas.jpg

Sylvester (Chief of Guardian Angels) ~Hayden Christensen~
haydenchristensen.jpg

James Danica's boyfriend ~Jensen Ackles~
myspace_jensen_ackles_010.jpg

Ezekiel (Archangel, responsible for Caleb's fall) ~Henry Cavill~
6a00d8341c606d53ef01156faa1958970c-800wi

Uncle John [Father John] ~Sean Faris~
sean-faris.jpg

Jacob Dayton (Nica's older brother)~Mat Gordon~
mat_gordon3.jpg

Matthew Dayton (Nica's younger brother) ~Garrett Hedlund~
garrettPremiere.jpg

Last edited:

PoppysInARow

Book Reviewer y'all
Registered
Reaction score
I'm really bad at this, but I'll give it a shot.

Jonah (Aneurin Barnard)
An innocent monk who travels to find the children that were kidnapped from his isolated village. Sweet, naiive, and often doesn't say much.

1102968_Aneurin_Barnard4.jpg

Ravi (Zachery Levi)

One of the Fey, a funny, irresponsible screw-up who tries to find the lighter side of life. Very flirtatious, but it's all for fun!

Zachary-Levi_l.jpg

Alexis Stone (Lindsay Lohan)

A bounty hunter who's only in for her own gain. An adventure hunting halfling who has a soft spot for lost things-- like Jonah.

lohan.jpg

Mother Madelyn (Michelle Ryan)

Madelyn is a Den Mother, (Kind of like a nun) but she packs guns. She's part of an elite force that works as police officers to rid the world of murderers and criminals. Kind, loving and a hell of a shot.

ryan_19236t.jpg

And my Antag, Demetrius (Leonardo DiCaprio)

A fellow monk from Jonah's monastery who goes crazy on Fey Dust and vows to kill Jonah to prove he's the better Caster.

5172425_gal.jpg

Roly

silly puppy monster
Registered
Reaction score
I never really thought about it, but I always figured that Kiki Palmer would be great for my MC.

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
I wanted to do a 'cast your novel with models!', but alas, the task of finding a Chinese male model was nigh to impossible. Luckily, this is still a post filled with unashamedly gratuitous hot. [These pictures are *really big* I'm sorry]

Maria, my main character has huge issues with resolving her problems. [NATALIA VODIANOVA]

2mc94z8.jpg

Chris is a gardener and doctor wannabe. I got the doctor part! [JOE CHENG]

sg7rrq.jpg

Glorielle may be evil, but she's a great artist.

eba639.jpg

George is a thief who cunningly uses his good looks to charm his victims. [FRANCISCO LACHOWSK]

2jcsnb.jpg

Clementine is a reluctant designer junkie. [SHU PEI]

mc7kae.jpg

Nadine is almost always super sweet... just don't let her near coffee. [JOURDAN DUNN]

2dsmhaf.jpg

Jason is trying to fight fate, to stay with the girl of his dreams. [ISSAC CAREW]

14uglqo.jpg

Cecily is adamant to not stay in the background too long. [KAREN ELSON]

17fvhl.jpg

Scott... is a swimmer. [AHMAD ABUALRUB]

s6j0qt.jpg