The MTS Braggatorium

jeseymour

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jeseymour.com
Whoo hoo! Cindy Rosmus at Yellow Mama just picked up my short story "Hard Lessons" for issue number 26. That won't be out until next April, but hey, it's still a good thing! She also said she thinks I'm one of THE best Noir writers around. An editor said that about me! :snoopy:

It's been a dry year for short stories for me, but this is great news. I just had to share. :partyguy:

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Whoo hoo! Cindy Rosmus at Yellow Mama just picked up my short story "Hard Lessons" for issue number 26. That won't be out until next April, but hey, it's still a good thing! She also said she thinks I'm one of THE best Noir writers around. An editor said that about me! :snoopy:

It's been a dry year for short stories for me, but this is great news. I just had to share. :partyguy:

That's amazing! What a fantastic compliment. :D

jeseymour

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jeseymour.com

Whoops, my mistake, next June. Still good though!

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
I think I got platform!

Can I brag in here cause you guys are my buds even though its not M/T/S? I hope so because I'm excited! I've been putting these articles together on Indian land title (history, treaties, deeds etc) which were part of a weekly column I wrote for a Native American newspaper for 2 1/2 years. Its been out of print since 2006 when the owner and editor (a couple) moved to Vermont. I figure its a niche thing, so I'm just doing it through createspace.

I've done talks to groups on it, I get people from the reserves who travel to pick my brain etc. So many on the reserves saved the articles.

Well I get a call today from the editor/owner couple, were still very close friends. On a trip back to the reserve for a visit last weekend he was telling people I was putting my articles into a book which was very nice of him. He asked me how soon it would be done and where they will be able to buy it. People started giving him orders! I have orders for a book that's not done yet!

One place wants 40, another 10, one guy wants 3... and those people are telling others ....

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Can I brag in here cause you guys are my buds even though its not M/T/S? I hope so because I'm excited! I've been putting these articles together on Indian land title (history, treaties, deeds etc) which were part of a weekly column I wrote for a Native American newspaper for 2 1/2 years. Its been out of print since 2006 when the owner and editor (a couple) moved to Vermont. I figure its a niche thing, so I'm just doing it through createspace.

I've done talks to groups on it, I get people from the reserves who travel to pick my brain etc. So many on the reserves saved the articles.

Well I get a call today from the editor/owner couple, were still very close friends. On a trip back to the reserve for a visit last weekend he was telling people I was putting my articles into a book which was very nice of him. He asked me how soon it would be done and where they will be able to buy it. People started giving him orders! I have orders for a book that's not done yet!

One place wants 40, another 10, one guy wants 3... and those people are telling others ....

:hooray::snoopy::hooray:

History, that's wonderful! I'm so happy for you! Now get cracking and finish that thing. :)

My beautiful ARCs are now out to all major media outlets. Got my first copy and its a very expensive trade edition. Check out the fabulous front and back wrap-around cover--23 interior illustrations--it's just beyond words:

http://www.prweb.com/releases/Science_Fiction_Book/Planet_Janitor/prweb4540954.htm

:partyguy: That is majorly exciting! What was it like to hold it for the first time?

Steam&Ink

sekrit superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Bottom-right hand side of the map. Tucked away dow
Website
steamandink.blogspot.com
Whoo hoo! Cindy Rosmus at Yellow Mama just picked up my short story "Hard Lessons" for issue number 26. That won't be out until next April, but hey, it's still a good thing! She also said she thinks I'm one of THE best Noir writers around. An editor said that about me!

OMG, that is fantastic... bring your coattails over here so I can ride on 'em :)

Congrats, jesey!

PS I was looking at your website before, and I'm impressed by all the November promotional stuff you're doing... is this usual for you, or is it because Lead Poisoning comes out at the beginning of November?

Steam&Ink

sekrit superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Website
steamandink.blogspot.com

Awesome! You clever thing, how nice that must feel.

You totally deserve this success :Sun:

Steam&Ink

sekrit superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Website
steamandink.blogspot.com
My beautiful ARCs are now out to all major media outlets. Got my first copy and its a very expensive trade edition. Check out the fabulous front and back wrap-around cover--23 interior illustrations--it's just beyond words:

http://www.prweb.com/releases/Science_Fiction_Book/Planet_Janitor/prweb4540954.htm

Hey tri, that is awesome - I love looking at other people's cover art!
The only thing is, and I'm a bit embarassed to admit it, I can't figure out what the grey thing on the cover is! I thought it was an animal, but now I'm not so sure...

Enlightenment, please! :D

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Hey tri, that is awesome - I love looking at other people's cover art!
The only thing is, and I'm a bit embarassed to admit it, I can't figure out what the grey thing on the cover is! I thought it was an animal, but now I'm not so sure...

Enlightenment, please! :D

Hah, Hah! It's supposed to be a busted down ship that crash-landed. It looks like an insect because I described the ship to the artist as being "centipede" looking. There's a tiny human standing on the top of the ship. That's the captain and he's having a fit his ship is destroyed.

Tri

jeseymour

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jeseymour.com
OMG, that is fantastic... bring your coattails over here so I can ride on 'em :)

Congrats, jesey!

PS I was looking at your website before, and I'm impressed by all the November promotional stuff you're doing... is this usual for you, or is it because Lead Poisoning comes out at the beginning of November?

I do have a lot of stuff lined up for the release of "Lead Poisoning." I think books sell by word of mouth. On the other hand, a few of the November events are actually Sisters in Crime events, I'm a member of the speakers bureau. The nice thing about the Sinc events is that even though they're not specifically for me and my book, most of the libraries will order the book to have it on hand, and most will allow authors to sell copies at the event. I highly recommend joining Sisters in crime.

Steam&Ink

sekrit superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Website
steamandink.blogspot.com
Hah, Hah! It's supposed to be a busted down ship that crash-landed. It looks like an insect because I described the ship to the artist as being "centipede" looking. There's a tiny human standing on the top of the ship. That's the captain and he's having a fit his ship is destroyed.

Tri

Oh wow, second time around I saw the tiny human! Time for granny to put on her glasses :)
I like that the ship has an organic feel. I'm actually seeing a manatee kind of form when I look at it.

jeseymour

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jeseymour.com
I just got my box of books! It looks fabulous! It's very exciting, but I'm also scared to death that nobody will buy it. It's not officially for sale until the first of November, and the last time I checked it was not on Amazon yet, but I'm thrilled to have these copies early so I have them to hand sell at my author events. Never thought I'd see my novels in print. It's been thirteen years, two agents, hundreds of rejections. Forgive my exuberance!