Neoterism November 500 words/day--all genres welcome!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Excellent news from everyone today!

2811 today. My MC broke up with his best friend. It was a long time coming, but I feel sort of bad about it. I think it's part of my story, though, that MC gets more and more isolated over time.

I had some real life today, too, but I remember less of that!

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
*kaitie sneaks back into thread*

Shh...don't tell anyone, but I've been writing.

Mr Mitchell

Registered
Reaction score
This is going well. Prologue and chapter 1 is done, and I am so happy with it. That is over 1,000 words today.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Hello all

Amended a few more chapters today, but it's a struggle right now. I'm partway through draft 3 and am at the "This WIP is rubbish" stage. I felt there was not enough action so I am trying to add a sub-plot, but too much of the sub-plot doesn't make any sense.

Sigh. Who'd be a writer?

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
1,179 tonight. They are words, I suppose, but they are terrible and I'll probably have to start again. Why is the beginning so important? Why does the book even need a beginning? sigh.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I had some real life today, too, but I remember less of that!

Heh, so true.

*kaitie sneaks back into thread*

Shh...don't tell anyone, but I've been writing.

WHAT WAS THAT? I'M SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING. :D

I got 1,300 done today. Really pleased with the weekend's progress. Of course, when I come to edit this I'll realise it's 90% infodump and all needs to be cut, but until then I'm going to relax in the warm glow of wordiness.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
1,179 tonight. They are words, I suppose, but they are terrible and I'll probably have to start again. Why is the beginning so important? Why does the book even need a beginning? sigh.

I'm not sure it's possible to write the right beginning at the start. It seems like you need to have written the end before you know how it should begin.

Which is a long-winded way of saying: chin up. You can do it!

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
WELCOME BACK, KAITIE! :D (Did I yell that? :tongue )

All of the awesome wordage again today, you guys put me to shame. A measley 199. That's right, I couldn't even get 200 lousy words out of Kelli today. (I forgot the chocolate.)

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I can't give an exact word count because I've been finagling old scenes and rejiggering them together and what not, so it's not all writing, per se, but I can say that my word count is growing. :)

On top of that, I've written a lot more in my notes and sorted out some great plot details, so yay for that. :)

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Sigh. Who'd be a writer?

Mad people, I think.

2920 today. Not really getting anywhere, but that's in part because I'm trying kind of an odd structure: I'm telling two separate stories that will converge. It may not ultimately work, but I wanted to give it a shot.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
It's funny, but I seem to get a lot more writing done when I'm at the day job. ?? Maybe Kelli prefers the environment. Got a whopping 515 on the WIP this morning, which is more than I got all weekend! :D Hope to keep it going. Just wrapped up a scene with Kelli and a new snitch.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So you remembered to bring Kelli her chocolate then, Ken?;)

A miserly 227 words for me today. I have some backstory I need to get in and I'm not sure where to put it, or which character should present it. Hmmm. Decisions. Decisions.:e2shrug:

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
It's funny, but I seem to get a lot more writing done when I'm at the day job. ?? Maybe Kelli prefers the environment. Got a whopping 515 on the WIP this morning, which is more than I got all weekend! :D Hope to keep it going. Just wrapped up a scene with Kelli and a new snitch.

I've always gotten more done at work, which is partly why I've not done as well since I changed jobs and can't do that. At home there are so many other things competing for my time.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
A negative number of words today, but the ones I cut were infodump rubbish and I currently like the new ones better. Tomorrow I will like others more, but for tonight, counting backwards is progress.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
So you remembered to bring Kelli her chocolate then, Ken?;)

A miserly 227 words for me today. I have some backstory I need to get in and I'm not sure where to put it, or which character should present it. Hmmm. Decisions. Decisions.:e2shrug:

Actually I forgot the chocolate, again! :Shrug: But it seems that it doesn't matter. Along with the 515 from this morning, I've managed to add another 335 for a grand total of 850 shiny new words. :D Still not a record, but considering the lack of wordage the past few days, I'll take them.

muse, words are words, as you've reminded me on many occasions. This too shall pass.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Sorry about the wrist, Saoirse, but great words! And bravo everybody else, too. (Negative numbers are fabulous, osg, especially when editing.)

I did 2941 today, and I am too exhausted to think straight. :e2thud: I think at this point I'm just pushing relentlessly toward 50K so I can breathe again. If I keep it up, I'll finish on Wednesday. I'm not sure how much of it will be complete sentences, though.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I added some more scenes/fiddled some more with what I had already, and I'm liking it a lot better I think. I also added about 1200 brand new mostly shiny words today, which feels great. It's been ages since I've been able to sit down and just write for three hours.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Today I have done a grand total of ... Oh Look! What's that over there?:gone:

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Today I have done a grand total of ... Oh Look! What's that over there?:gone:

Oh no you don't. Get back here and get some words down.

Not a lot this morning, but apparently more than muse. :tongue

Got 386 words down and wrapped up another chapter. This one ran a bit over my average at 2251 words. Now to start the next and get more wordage today. :D

ETA: Got an additional 618 words on the next chapter, which brings the days total to 1004 words! I might have gotten more, but it was quitting time.:tongue

Last edited:

knightrunnermat

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.horseracinghottie.com
The month is officially 2/3rds of the way over and I am just passing the 40,000 word mark right now. I took a break from my idea to post this, actually!

I hope everyone else is hitting their goals and kicking NaNo's butt.

MsDashwood

Getting back to writing...
Registered
Reaction score
Hi :D

Havent posted in here in a while, but I've been working on my writing.
I think I have managed to finish my WIP that I have been working on for 3 years, on and off. The last read/write-through is finished (I think) with great beta-help from a friend from here, actually. :)
That makes for one part of my november goal.
Since we have some days left of the month, technically I can get in the second part of my goal, too - but the class I am taking for work has been suffering, so I think I need to focus on that. But maybe, maybe I can sneak a few words into my new WIP. :)