Not open for further replies.

mhaynes

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelhaynes.info
More good news! I received an email just now that looks like the prelude to a sale to a semi-pro market for one of my favorite stories.

This is not a follow-up on the Shimmer "hold" I mentioned in Middling It. I'm only not naming the market because they mentioned wanting minor revisions and I haven't received the contract yet. I can't imagine there's any likelihood there will be a problem with this, but am being kinda low-key for the moment.

But ya'll are my awesome W1/S1 family and I wanted to have a chance to share the (preliminary) good news!

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
A bit of a squee for me. One of my stories is being reprinted in an anthology coming out this spring. The ToC was just released: War & Space: Recent Combat

Looking at the list of other names in this thing, I am both beyond chuffed, and deeply humbled.

sussura

Registered
Reaction score
\o/ Awesome news ! Michael & Alex - I saw the news elsewhere and swooped in here to whoop. Congratulations Anne!

mhaynes

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelhaynes.info
Woot! Congratulations, Michael! Sit back and watch those acceptances start pouring in.

Heh. Thank you! Though I'm hoping to get time soon to be polishing some more stories that need to be getting out the door. Can't just sit back and watch. ;)

A bit of a squee for me. One of my stories is being reprinted in an anthology coming out this spring. The ToC was just released: War & Space: Recent Combat

Looking at the list of other names in this thing, I am both beyond chuffed, and deeply humbled.

WOW! That is really awesome. Congrats!

Let it be written that this shall be revered by coming generations as The Weekend of Michael Haynes.

OK, that may be a bit much....

But I'll take it! :)

Thanks, O'Dandelo and all the other congratulators. I received the comments for the suggested revisions and it all looks good though I do have a bit of work to be doing.

loldoc

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, all! There is a sub-gang of us who seem to frequent all the same dives - NATURE, STUPEFYING STORIES, DSF - I'm almost tempted to round us up and go off to see the Wizard, whoever that is.

Not a sale, but my first anthology invitation. Must think dark. Were-jaguars with Jarvik hearts, that sort of thing.

holy_shiitake

KB1VWJ
Registered
Reaction score
Just got some awesome news that one of my short stories got accepted to Crack the Spine! It'll be featured on the site sometime soon. Less than a week's worth of turn around time, too.

mhaynes

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelhaynes.info
Let it be written that this shall be revered by coming generations as The Weekend of Michael Haynes.

I couldn't resist quoting this since I just got word that my flash fiction "Vacant Thrones" was chosen as one of the pieces for this month's Kazka Press 713 flash fiction prompt contest.

This weekend did include four rejections as well, but I'm not complaining. :)

mhaynes

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelhaynes.info
Just got some awesome news that one of my short stories got accepted to Crack the Spine! It'll be featured on the site sometime soon. Less than a week's worth of turn around time, too.

Always nice when you get a quick response and it's a "yes."

Congratulations, shiitake!

Lizardmaker

Registered
Reaction score
Website
anneejohnson
Congrats, shiitake!

And Michael, anyone on this thread knows that behind every acceptance lurk four, five, even ten rejections!

I have some "At least it's not no" news: I submitted to Knowonder eight weeks ago. That's very slow for them. So I queried. Turns out my story arrived during their switch to Submishmash, so it really was lost. They invited me to resubmit and promised to respond in a week.

mhaynes

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelhaynes.info
Now that the (minor) revisions have been agreed to, and the contract delivered, I'll announce that the heretofore-mysterious semi-pro sale was to Kazka Press. My short "What You Can Change" will be their first monthly short story (rather than flash) publication. Both this story and "Vacant Thrones" (a flash winner this month) will be live April 1st.

April Fool's Day, indeed. :)

Last edited:

Lillie

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I've got behind on my congratulations.

So, these sheep are for everyone who's had something to celebrate.
Well done, it's great to read all the good news.

:e2bouncey :e2bouncey :e2bouncey

Status
Not open for further replies.