Not open for further replies.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
So, my friend's son has a fractured skull, a blood clot, and contusions. He can speak and recognizes his mother when the nurses wake him up, but he's sleeping a lot. He was throwing up earlier, has had one ct scan and is going to have another one done later today. No food or drink for him currently and he can't do any activities for the rest of the year. Lots of bed rest for him in the future and the doctors have said that recovery from any brain damage will be up to him.

At least the poor kid's alive. I don't know what his mother would have done otherwise.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
I remember life before the Internet. Sitting around a fire inside a cave, hunting brachiosaurs on the savannah, running from the tyrannosaurs and velociraptors, pillaging an enemy's women and raping his village, stampeding the wild chihueys over a cliff, feasting back at the cave listening to the sounds of rock drums (real rocks even)... Now those were the days.

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
I remember the days before the internet.

Here's a truth for you: Before the internet, people who wrote about government secrets, conspiracy theories, hidden agendas and very bad men found their lives in danger. Sometimes they had single-car accidents or committed suicide by shooting themselves in the back of the head twice. I remember those days. I remember smuggled pirate radio cassette tapes and vans parked outside my home. I remember a lot of stuff I can't post here.

Now, we have a place to compare notes. And I don't have to keep looking over my shoulder.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry i was raised on the internet.

To be honest i didn't start actually using it for more then school reports till i was 15, (because i didn't learn to type till i was 14) but even that seems like a million years ago to me.)

But when your stuck in a two bed hotel room with nothing on tv, and only your mother and grandmother to converse with when there in the room... you need the internet to make it through the day. Internet and alot of music. My family and there screwed up and dysfunctional Easter traditions...

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Ah, family traditions...

Sitting around the fire roasting bits of some unidentifiable thing on long sticks while other hunters fend off things at the mouth of the cave, listening to the screams as someone is dragged outside and torn to bloody gobbets by whatever it is out there, chanting with the shaman to ward off the evil, throwing one of the male captives from yesterday's raid out of the cave to appease the monsters, toasting the screams with the latest vile concoction of fermented dinosaur milk and shaman piss, passing out in your own cozy alcove back in the very back of the cave with your wimmens and trained chihueys after a wonderful feast of whatever the hell that was on the sticks...

Yes, good ole' family traditions. Hunting, fishing, scalping, looting, raping, pillaging, burning, killing, drinking, stampeding, skinning, running, looting, hiding, singing, belching, sleeping... Yes, those were the days.

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Heya Blunt!

My family is always wary of what I might do. Granted, I've never really done anything, but they know me and to them I'm a grenade with the pin still inside. To be honest, they really do think I'm nuts. My mom gets me though and knows that it's a controlled sort of nuts.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
Hey houndies. :)

Ooh, love your avvie, Blunt! One of those looks really good right now! :D

Well, I got out of another job interview a little bit ago. This one is for another bank but hopefully the position wouldn't suck as much as the one I quit this week.

Oh, did I mention I quit my job? I have another part time one now, but I still need something full time.

Messed up Abby is messed up.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good for you, Abby! I've always found that if I just leap, I find a net somewhere underneath me before I hit the ground. :Shrug:

When I fret about leaping, and try to make sure there is a net there for me, I just end up staying in the bad situation for much longer because I can never find the "right" net. :D

You'll find your net. And in the meantime, the part-time gig will slow the fall until you land on something new and better.

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
I iz sleepy and I need to get to bed. Have work tomorrow and I don't wanna. *sigh*

Also, hi everyone. :hi:

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
tumblr_lqbkd7YUjn1qckjwho1_500.jpg

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
So, here's a nice horror story--scabies!
I got a call from a friend of mine today. She was diagnosed with eczema three months ago by a doctor and sent to a dermatologist. The dermatology nurse took one look at her and backed up 10 steps. In the doctor's words, "you have the worst case of scabies I've seen in a very, very long time."

So, this friend of mine who works with me, gets rides in my car every day, gave her fiancee scabies. It's highly contagious and I guess there is an outbreak of it at work that's been going on for something like a year.

But nobody talks about it. Shhhh!

I was on the phone with my mother, an exterminator, going over my options and solutions. I don't think I have problems right now, but with my size that's a lot of surface area to scan and I just get bored.

Seriously, I don't think I have them but since they take 6-8 weeks to be known, one never knows. And I'm itching like crazy just thinking about it.

Ugh! The human body is so damned nasty! It's a disgusting bag of smelly, putrid fluids!

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Sheesh, that's what I'd do if the flamethrower didn't work well enough. Of course, I'd burn off a hundred meter circle all the way around that webbing too so a nuke might be less labor intensive.

I might have to go back and rework a story or work up a new story based on a post I did here a few days ago that our own Callalily seemed to like a lot. The original story is Knock On Wood, hasn't sold real well, but I've got an idea kicking around in the back of my mind for a sequel or companion piece. Knock On Wood was the second story of mine that Bewildering Stories published years ago.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
:eek:

Now that's scary! :scared:

Well hounds, some one is coming to look at my computer Friday to buy it, I have to sell the air conditioner and stuff to pay the mortgage. Sooooo,

Anyone that wants to stay in contact with me pm me your address. And we'll snail mail every now and then. If the guy is interested and offers enough money, then Friday will be my last night on. So get those addy's to me soon. ;)

gonna miss you hounds :Hug2:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.