Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.billyyoungsbooks.co.uk
I would say it is more to do with:

What is knowledge?
How does knowledge interact with self?
And how is it perceived.

Of course though I'm not a philosopher so I'm probably way off :)

kborsden

Has a few recurring issues
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Epistemology - as in the transition of what we perceive into what we can know, then I'd say that taking the world as you see it and through transference into imagery > this would equate to metaphor or figurative understanding in relation to what you understand, then by doing so you create an individual knowledge set / or frame of reference to your personal ideology... and for so far that can then be shared, then yes, you're in the ballpark. Your knowledge, or the perception of information through the imagery you present gifts me the learning of it when shared in your poetry. Is it absolute knowledge, however, no. But it opens debate, and conversation, which will always lead to answers of some description. In this sense, you start the ball rolling in the park, and the reader catches it, or punts it to the next person. Kinetic epistemology, perhaps? :)

Last edited:

Steppe

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all and thank you Kie for your post. I have become involved with "epistemology" through several books on modern poetry, Also "The Chinese Written Character as a Medium for Poetry" - a critical edition by Ernest Fenollosa and Ezra Pound".

Keeps me out of trouble.