NaNo 2012 Word Count Madness!

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
:hates rwm4768:

Just kidding. Congrats on the awesome word count! :PartySmil

I can't hate anyone right now. I'm ahead at 21, 927 words, and I just added robots to my zombie novel. All is good. :D

vitani

The Tobermory Hamster
Registered
Reaction score
Just hit 18,000 and still have another three writing sessions this weekend. Hoping to hit 21,000 by the end of tomorrow. :D

CQuinlan

Registered
Reaction score
22k as of two minutes ago. With this hangover, it's more than likely I'll delete it all but still.
I'm getting into the habit of all this.

measure_in_love

escaping the evil queen's curse
Registered
Reaction score
Everyone is going to hate me for this. I hit the 70,000 mark today. Of course, I don't currently have school or a job to distract me. It also helps that my natural writing pace is pretty fast. I'm sure I'll have a lot of editing to do once I finish.

maybe not hate, but jealous for sure rwm lol. I get distracted so easily I'm at 13k, and that's good for me haha. but awesome word count, if I beat the 50k that early I'd see how far I could take the word count, so don't stop there, I challenge you to 100k! :)

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good job rwm4768!

Managed to cough up 3.1K today. Weekends are the toughest! I just want to play Borderlands 2 all day...

SianaBlackwood

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sb.siasan.com
28k.

I'm aiming for 150k on this story by December 31st - I wrote 8k in October, hoping for 75k in November and then the rest in December.

measure_in_love

Registered
Reaction score
14,310 as of just now. didn't hit the 15k like I wanted to last night, my brain was fried. But I'm trying to get to 16k tonight. At least I wrote 1,309 already tonight? Almost hitting the daily word count requirement :)

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Wrote 3014 words today for a total of 35,014

measure_in_love

Registered
Reaction score
okay so this is nothing compared to the rest of you guys, but:

16015 words as of just now! making for a 3014 words for tonight! I think I deserve some ice cream for that now lol wooooo! Maybe I can get to 17k? I would LOVE to get to 20K by the end of tomorrow. But let's not push it here ;)

Scribhneoir

Reinventing Myself
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Still behind at 12,034 words, but I had a good writing session today. Hoping to catch up, or at least trim the deficit, tomorrow.

VeronicaX

Registered
Reaction score
I am so far behind! :(

I've written a total of 10 words in the last couple of days. I'm exhausted from hardly any sleep and stressful days. Really hoping to get back to my wriying either today or tomorrow...

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
I am so far behind! :(

I've written a total of 10 words in the last couple of days. I'm exhausted from hardly any sleep and stressful days. Really hoping to get back to my wriying either today or tomorrow...

Sneak this into your book and you can add 39 words to your word count.

But in all seriousness, I spent the day slacking off on everything just to catch up on sleep. You have plenty of time left in November for NaNo, but you need to take care of yourself first.

And.... my word count is now 17,000. Over the last week I went from being 2k ahead to 4k behind...grr. At least now I'm back on schedule.

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
I agree. Somedays, you just need a day off and not to feel bad about it. If I hadn't taken yesterday off, I would have struggled through a 1000 words yesterday, and then felt the same way today and had the same problem, and it would have just kept going until I finally took a day off.

Instead, today I feel rested and refreshed and ready to go. I ended up turning out 2,400.

If you need the rest, take it.

trocadero

Registered
Reaction score
Website
carolynwoulfe.livejournal.com
I'm in awe of the numbers some people are achieving.

It's Sunday night here and I've just pipped the 18000 post, so feeling pretty chuffed. Three days of parent conferences this week will definitely pose a challenge, as I can't think straight at the end of the day. I'll try and get ahead beforehand.

I was terrified of nano, but I'm loving it.

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
I had a late night writing sesh last night. On actual paper. So for now, I'm assuming I'm after 10K somewhere. But it was quite productive and I don't entirely loathe what I wrote. So all is good.

wickedimp

n@
Registered
Reaction score
20501 Still slightly ahead of the game, and better than I thought I would be doing.

VeronicaX

Registered
Reaction score
Sneak this into your book and you can add 39 words to your word count.

But in all seriousness, I spent the day slacking off on everything just to catch up on sleep. You have plenty of time left in November for NaNo, but you need to take care of yourself first.

And.... my word count is now 17,000. Over the last week I went from being 2k ahead to 4k behind...grr. At least now I'm back on schedule.

I agree. Somedays, you just need a day off and not to feel bad about it. If I hadn't taken yesterday off, I would have struggled through a 1000 words yesterday, and then felt the same way today and had the same problem, and it would have just kept going until I finally took a day off.

Instead, today I feel rested and refreshed and ready to go. I ended up turning out 2,400.

If you need the rest, take it.

Thanks! Appreciate the support. :)

I've had some rough couple of days, but I have every intention to get back in the game tomorrow--after I've slept in, of course. :tongue

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
3.1K written today.

I must say, if not for my writing buddy, I think I would've given up by now. That 500-word tag game that she came up with really saved Nano for us!