I Need a Cookie...

necia phoenix

Registered
Reaction score
Website
necia-phoenix.livejournal.com
And that sucks, Estermish, were you at least able to save all of your writing?

Yes actually. My writing is kept on a flash drive and I have two other flash drives as backups so my writing wasn't touched. The music.... I discovered most of my music was on my laptop which had been sitting over at the pawn shop so I actually got that back.

The peach cobbler rocked

**passes cherry pie around to any who needs it**

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
That's good, Estermish.

I busted butt and wrote 6-7K on my NaNo story to catch up to today's word goal. Earlier in the week, I thought I was sunk!

Josie

Registered
Reaction score
So right on, Shameless.

But keep going and here's one of those chocolate oranges,,,,omidgod I love those, and hope you love them virtually too :D and of course a cookie!!

I need to decide which way to go in my writing. My brother was sick for a year and we were close. He passed away a couple of months ago and I'm going back to writing after a long lapse but I honestly am stuck.
Don't know what I'll write about. It always had a romance in it before. And I would like to keep romance in there, part as part of the plot.

Hmm, writing this down helps.

Josie

shameless

Superlative Type A
Registered
Reaction score
West of somewhere and a click south of nowhere
Website
www.sandy-james.com
So right on, Shameless.

But keep going and here's one of those chocolate oranges,,,,omidgod I love those, and hope you love them virtually too :D and of course a cookie!!

I need to decide which way to go in my writing. My brother was sick for a year and we were close. He passed away a couple of months ago and I'm going back to writing after a long lapse but I honestly am stuck.
Don't know what I'll write about. It always had a romance in it before. And I would like to keep romance in there, part as part of the plot.

Hmm, writing this down helps.

Josie

I'm so sorry for your loss!! :Hug2: Sure puts something trivial like a rejection in perspective!

Josie

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Shameless.:)

Rejection though isn't trivial but I've learned that it has to be put in
perspective...you have more to do.... and so do I.

Cheers, Josie :)

xccorpio

Registered
Reaction score
Shameless, please remember there are more publishers out there. I’m sure you will find a home for your baby. For now oatmeal raising cookies, and hot chocolate milk for you. :Hug2:

Josie, I’m sorry about your brother. I hope you soon find your way back to writing. :Hug2:

Carlene

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlenedater.com
So sorry for your loss, Josie. That must have been horrid.

If you like chocolate orange things - get some Sabra! It's an after dinner drink from Israel that tastes JUST like chocolate covered oranges! Drinking it makes you feel better, too!

Carlene

*RomanceWriter*

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Their loss Shameless. It will make your next acceptance that much sweeter. *hugs*

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
I'm almost finished with my NaNo book (a paranormal romance), and I'm suspecting doing best by the story might be over my head, in that I just don't have enough experience gearing something toward publishing, yet. Kinda scary, because I love my characters, and kinda bad timing, too, with everyone I normally get second opinions from mega busy all at once. Eeep.

xccorpio

Registered
Reaction score
I'm almost finished with my NaNo book (a paranormal romance), and I'm suspecting doing best by the story might be over my head, in that I just don't have enough experience gearing something toward publishing, yet. Kinda scary, because I love my characters, and kinda bad timing, too, with everyone I normally get second opinions from mega busy all at once. Eeep.

Did you consider the Share Your Work or the Beta Readers, Mentors, and Writing Partners forums?

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
My (currently very busy) beta is from there. It's not really a SYW problem, since it's not scenes, but what my plot did. The book could be divided into 2 halves, basically making a novella and its sequel. I have to figure out if I'm going to do that, or keep it bound together in one book.

ETA: Did a proofing/editing run after talking it out with some folks and I'm feeling better about the upcoming end result.

Last edited:

Lainey Bancroft

Cover Me!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elaineforlife.com
Taking all the cookies and crawling in a corner today.

Put both my dogs down this weekend. (they were old, one full of cancer the other suffering seizures and senility--growling/snarling at her own kids, and the cat she previously adored)

Tried to suck it up and submerge myself in writing today. Nuthin'. Then realized this is the 3 month anniversary for my 2 agent fulls--far as I can tell on a requested full, if they want it, they get back fairly quick. And a day or two away from the 4 month mark on an editor requested full for a different ms...Just feels like an all 'round strike out.

(thanks for letting me whine)

LorelieBrown

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
*pushes a basket of brownies into the corner with you*

I'm so sorry. :(

Josie

Registered
Reaction score
Open the door, I'm bringing in a wagon full of chocolate cookies for Lainey.

So sorry Lainey, life is cruel at times. But good luck with those submissions.

Cheers, Josie:D

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
I know how hard it can be to put down old pets. We lost the last of four two years ago, at age 20. We were fortunate that three abandoned puppies happened upon us at the same time and helped ease the pain. But cookies help too, so have a whole BATCH of them of your fav variety. :(

xccorpio

Registered
Reaction score
I’m sorry about your lost, it’s like losing a dear friend, and two at the same time is extra painful.

You can use a chocolate fountain all week to dip your favorite cookies, pastries or strawberries.

About your writing, I’m positive you will find a successful path soon. Thanks God, we are starting spring with nice bright sunny days ahead to inspire us.

:Hug2:

ebennet68

Avoids editing by procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
I need some cookies. I'm working on revising a particularly tricky chapter. Every time I think I've got it, I look at it again and see something else that needs fixed. I feel like I'm starting to lose it completely. AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

OK. Better now. Thanks for listening.