Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
the sad thing is, i totally let
myself take it easy. yet, my brain
still fails me.

finally had the chance to send out
invites for my annual brush painting show!
it starts tomorrow, and i've only gotten to it
now. eep!

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
{{{Sammy}}}

{{{Fruit}}}}

i noticed i used "life" for "laugh"
once, and other misses as far as words go.
here as well. i first attributed it to morning and
not being awake. but it happens any time of day. =(
then last night, while in convo, i used "hawaii"
instead of "halloween".

this is the state of my head on a daily
basis. i googled it and they said it's synapses
not making the connections necessary and
it's a matter of being too busy and multi-tasking.

advice: SLOW DOWN.

I'll actually write words backwards sometimes, if I'm stressed for too long, or go too long without sleep. It has certainly made for some interesting work emails. :)

Bluestone

It's never too late to dream big
Registered
Reaction score
Cuddles! Such a difficult time for you and your family. I read through pages of posts so I saw the evolution from waiting with family, without family, freezing and fending off (potential) looters with your mere physical presence, and getting power again! Yay! What a blessed relief. I went without power for only 3 days in Atlanta during a freak snowstorm that left the city, and us, stranded, and people in the mountains dying and without power for 2 weeks - my little 3 days was miserable! I can't imagine what the people of NYC and its buroughs have been contending with.

Amarie, love that little video! Good job and funny.

(((Sunna)))

(((Sammy)))

(((Kell))) But yay for a good call.

((Fruit))

Para, funny how quickly someone can cut wordage when it equates to money. I loved the way you handled it. Very clever.
Canada is stopping penny production shortly, exactly because they're more trouble than they're worth. I'm sad to think of a penniless world, though it makes sense. They're such a cheerful coin, you know?
Australia hasn't had pennies for years. We don't even have a paper $1. It's a coin. Shows you how expensive it is in Oz. Wages are higher though.

Rick, what a great thing to pick up all those books. Happy reading!
Dioxippus is not impressed with the new scene for the YA:
bth_kittensleeping.jpg
Pretty kitty, but I couldn't help notice your hand written sheet. Is that how you write?

Well, here's the latest on my publisher. They apparently "underestimated" inventory by 200 books and are actually completely out and cannot supply Amazon with the 150-200 books they will need this month. The next printing won't be ready until next month.

The first printing was 3,000 which sold in 14 months. Does it seem reasonable they'll print more than that or is it a subjective issue for each publisher? Do I get any more advance money? Ha.

Bluestone

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and meant to say yay for all the real and faux NaNoers and everyone with SNIs and editing and anything writerly. I actually did some good writing this past weekend. I am keeping that momentum going.

And I finished my repping, so I can pop back out with a clear conscience. :D

Little1

Hakuna Matata
Registered
Reaction score
I am lovin all the writing goin on :)

((((Steve)))) I hope things get better soon.

I am with y'all, if you don't vote you can't complane!

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
Blue, 3000 in 14 months sounds terrific. Ugh on them running out though.

Kiddos have set up their version of am election center in our family room with signs and laptops. It's nice to have nerdy children.:)

Bluestone

Registered
Reaction score
Blue, I write longhand and on the PC. In this case I needed to brainstorm, so longhand it was.

I found my blog comment. Humor wins. :)
I know what you mean. Writing is much different than typing, isn't it. If I need to nut something out I tend to journal. I hadn't thought of it for a book though. Will try it. And yay for the win (on blog post you couldn't remember!) :)

Thanks, Amarie. Yes, I thought it was good too. Especially for a wine business book! And that's without ebook sales. It actually seems to have picked up more momentum lately. I just heard back from editor and he said they were rushing it back into print without any cover changes (i.e. the award and positive trade reviews), so it's going to be as fast as possible. I'm disappointed that it won't have that on it, but obviously happy it's selling well. As disappointing as some of the publishing aspect has been, the response I've had from readers has exceeded any expectation, so overall I really can't complain.

And, BTW, I love the sound of your nerdy kids! I wish I had some of those.

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
Hey all. About to dive into revisions but wanted to pop in with a hello. I really am hoping we have election results tonight but not holding my breath. I am so sick of this election.

amarie - aw, i love the nerdy children. so cute!

yay, lily! also yay for writing a new WIP!

blue - yay for sales, boo for running out.:(

cindy - slow down, sure, good advice but not easy to do!

vfury

Hearts the furrily challenged.
Registered
Reaction score
I fell asleep and immediately started looking for the current results when I woke up.

Now I have the Guardian open and can't get back to sleep, though I have to be up for work in five hours. *jitters*

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
[this is my only election comment]

I don't think we'll have a clear winner till all the absentee ballots come in. Alas, that means my fervent desire for them all to JUST SHUT UP will not be realized for awhile.

[/election comments]

Blue, this is for the YA revisions. I need to replace 3 virtual reality Holocaust scenes with 3 ancient Rome scenes (my choice). Although I often (always, I think) brainstorm by hand. It's part of my fountain pen fetish--I lurve writing with fountain pens.

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
phoenix - i don't want to watch either. it's just drawn out and speculation and seriously we won't know anything for so long. but I keep checking it every little bit because i can't not watch either. LOL

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been trying to read escapist trash while Mr. Maryn watches coverage, but I can't focus well enough. I'm like, 'What did I just read on this page?'

Maryn, who should go away

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
It looks like the number of women in the senate will go up from 17 to probably 20. Far from 50%, but for someone my age, it seems incredible.

Eta: I'm predicting the presidential race will be settled by 2:00 am, if not earlier.

phoenix

rising from the ashes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lizmichalski.com
There is an extremely unflattering picture of me up on my blog, if anyone needs a diversion. (That's how desperately I need a distraction -- I'm writing blog posts!)

And Amarie, I think that is so wonderful. Maybe 50 percent in our lifetime.

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am coloring in a coloring book while I watch election TV. It's all I can focus on, but requires me to pay attention to my hands.

In MD, we're waiting for Question 6 (marriage equality) results. It could be the first time it's approved by popular vote, instead of legislated.

IhopeIhopeIhope.

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Duh, Krampus smut.

:D

I kid, I finished that in one bite the day I downloaded it. I just finished two Meljean Brook steampunks, and am reading through the venerable Ozark Magic and Folklore by Vance Randolph while preparing to draft Clovia's Foxes Part Deux.

Status
Not open for further replies.