"Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice"

"Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is..."

• ...the best title for a sequel EVER!

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • ...dumber than a bag of broken hammers.

Votes: 25 44.6%
  • ...missing a "vs."

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • ...not coming out until 2016, so chill.

Votes: 20 35.7%

• Total voters

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We have a title for the Man of Steel sequel!

The long-untitled "Man of Steel" sequel has officially been titled: "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" -- "V," not "vs." -- as reported by Variety.

Principal photography starts today in Detroit. As noted by Variety, the use of "Justice" in the title certainly further suggests that the film -- which includes Henry Cavill in his return outing as Superman, Ben Affleck debuting as Batman, Gal Gadot as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman and Ray Fisher as Cyborg in both characters' first live-action feature film appearances -- will function heavily as a "Justice League" prelude. It was confirmed late last month that "Man of Steel" and "Batman V Superman" director Zack Snyder would also helm a "Justice League" film, following the "Man of Steel" sequel.

A "Man of Steel" sequel starring both Superman and Batman was first announced last July at Comic-Con International in San Diego. Last week, Snyder released the first look at Affleck in the film's Batsuit via Twitter.

"Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" is scheduled for release on May 6, 2016, and also stars "Man of Steel" returnees Amy Adams (Lois Lane), Laurence Fishburne (Perry White) and Diane Lane (Martha Kent), plus Jesse Eisenberg (Lex Luthor), Jeremy Irons (Alfred) and Holly Hunter in an as-yet unspecified role.
Batman reacts to the news.

sadbatman_zps395f8a28.jpg

Last edited:

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
If they do a Justice League film, I hope that leads to a Teen Titans film. I have wanted to see one since I was a kid, and the closest I have ever come is that crappy cartoon. I always wanted them to just make one, but they can't do that, for some reason, they have to start from scratch. So if the JLA movie never happens, I'll have to wait for another Batman reboot to get my Titans movie.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Prediction: It will cram in too much, too fast, with a focus on setting up other movies rather than telling its own story, and everything will be focus tested to try and make it "appeal" to the "largest" demographics possible.

Lissibith

On target
Registered
Reaction score
Prediction: It will cram in too much, too fast, with a focus on setting up other movies rather than telling its own story, and everything will be focus tested to try and make it "appeal" to the "largest" demographics possible.
Couldn't have said it better.

I wouldn't have thought a few years ago that I could be so... so depressed by the existence of a live action movie with the Trinity in. But who knows. Maybe they'll finally make the sort of DC comics movie I've been waiting for, with action and drama and joy and humor. *crosses fingers and hopes*

Hendo

Custom User Title
Registered
Reaction score
I bet they change the title. There is sooooooooooooooo much negative reaction to it. But seriously... this is is why executives should keep their hands out of making movies.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
"Don't believe the hype"

I'm as big a fan of DC as anyone, but this sounds like a recipe for disaster unless...UNLESS...they have a solid script, and even then, as was mentioned, it sounds like they're going to cram in as much as possible. I'd love it if they could pull it off, but the pessimist inside me says no.

And if my pessimist side is right, then that is gonna suck come movie time. And probably piss me off, too. They should do what Marvel does. Give the Batman/Superman flick it's own story arc, same deal with Wonder Woman and then Cyborg. (He's an interesting character, but not one of the biggies, so he could probably be factored in with one of the major stars).

I really want this to work...but...wait and see.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
You'll have to be more specific. Which Teen Titans cartoon are you referring to?

---

Maybe she was referring to the series that came out in the 2000's with the theme song by Puffy. I think they had a full-length feature cartoon, but my memory's a little hazy.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think it's sweet how the Man of Steel sequel gives Batman top billing.

Kind of gives away who wins the fight, dont'cha think?

Still it's better than Batman v. Superman: The Quest to Catch Up With Marvel.

Can't wait for Justice League: Hell No, We're Not Putting Motherfucking Aquaman In the Movie! :cry:

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
I think it's sweet how the Man of Steel sequel gives Batman top billing.
---Well, he's all about equal opportunity, isn't he?

Kind of gives away who wins the fight, dont'cha think?
---He let Bats win. There, I said it. Spoiler!

Still it's better than Batman v. Superman: The Quest to Catch Up With Marvel.
---Maybe you should have a word with Chris about that. I'm sure he'll want to hear from you.;)

Can't wait for Justice League: Hell No, We're Not Putting Motherfucking Aquaman In the Movie!--Good. Aquaman may patrol 70% of the world's surface (or below it, actually), but he'd make a soggy hero.

---

:D

Gilroy Cullen

Handsome servant of a redhead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
swordsvspens.blogspot.com
You know, you forgot an option in the poll

... wait, it's a DC superhero movie, so who cares, it will tank anyway.

That said, Chris Nolan's Batman will be what Affleck is judged against, and I don't think he'll pull it off.

Outside of that, I probably will only go to see it for Amy Adams. Like I only went to see the Toby Maguire Spiderman movies for Kirsten Dunst as a redhead...

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
I don't know.

During "Man of Steel" I was entertained, but afterwards, there were a lot of nagging problems that didn't sit well with me, both on a story and character level.

And now they're going to take on my favorite hero of all time? I'm... uneasy.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
I think I have only actually seen that first one. But the second one doesn't look so hot, either.

They're both using the original characters that were introduced in the New Teen Titans comic from the 80's, and none of the old school characters, except Robin, which I always thought was weird. And it was much too childish for that book.

MRevelle83

Complication
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rpgmmag.com
I see. I asked because there is practically nobody who likes the second series, but there is a huge following for the first. I myself enjoy it. It has comedy (a lot of it), but it knows when it should take itself seriously and always has this balance to it. Kinda reminds me of Avatar that way, come to think of it.

I can't comment on how it compares to the comics as I haven't read them (though I do know they are dark and serious compared to the show). But, if there is one thing that can be appreciated about the show, is that Deathstroke was more interesting and intimidating than in the DC comics (IMO). Ron Perlman should be the go to guy for him from now on in adaptations.

The second series is... ugh. Example: The only episode I've seen involved Trigun coming to the base and hanging out with the Titans. Raven was horrified that her nerdy father was embarrassing her in front of her friends or something.

... what?

Last edited:

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Just curious, what do you mean that Deathstroke was more interesting on the show than he was in the comics if you haven't read them? I don't think I even saw Deathstroke on the series, but he was awesome in the comic. The 80's comic wasn't as dark as Batman was, but it was darker and more sophisticted than the show.

Last edited: