this ought to set things straight

molotov_cocktail.jpg

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Regdog,

I have a friend who will make your neighbors an offer they can't refuse. ;)

1000_3153_21471298_Michael_Corleone.jpg

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
tell those scrodbags to bugger off or i'll feed them scrod for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
scrodknockers.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:roll:

By the way, regdog, we're also gonna need you to clear out your freezer, as we're going hunting next week-end and will need the extra space for the venison. Feel free to drop off a key to your house at your leisure...as long as you do it today between 4 and 4:15.
:e2moon:

Sheryl Nantus

Holding out for a Superhero...
Registered
Reaction score
Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second
Website
www.sherylnantus.com
Thanks for all the advice and support.

I didn't even think about the legal ramifications of them parking here and having an accident or injury, thanks for that heads up, Sheryl.

no problem - I'm guessing that your aunt is the kindly, nice sort of person who gets run over a lot by brutes like this, so going for the legal angle may give her a bit of support when they call and whine about how 'orrible you are.

just keep explaining to her over and over again that you don't want to lose the house and everything if there's an accident/lawsuit. It's not out of the range of possibility that it could happen and that someone would get the best lawyer possible to sue for all you've got.

I suspect your aunt doesn't want to cause a fuss, but bringing up the legal aspects of letting everyone use your/her property may give her an "out" when she gets harassed by the neighbors. Which she will, since you're not giving in.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*pours flaming beer down reg's throat*

nope. didn't help.

says you :D

no problem - I'm guessing that your aunt is the kindly, nice sort of person who gets run over a lot by brutes like this, so going for the legal angle may give her a bit of support when they call and whine about how 'orrible you are.

just keep explaining to her over and over again that you don't want to lose the house and everything if there's an accident/lawsuit. It's not out of the range of possibility that it could happen and that someone would get the best lawyer possible to sue for all you've got.

I suspect your aunt doesn't want to cause a fuss, but bringing up the legal aspects of letting everyone use your/her property may give her an "out" when she gets harassed by the neighbors. Which she will, since you're not giving in.

One of the problems with this particular neighbor is she's newly related to another neighbor my aunt has been friendly with for over 50 years. So the new neighbor feels she's entitled to take liberty.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Here's an idea: invite cray over for a week. Your neighbors--all of them--will be gone in short order.

On a serious note, it's a tough situation. It really is. As long as they are "asking," there's not much to do for it. If they take liberties with your space/property, you can call the cops, but if they respond with a "oh, sorry, we didn't mean to inconvenience you," that will be the end of it for the moment. You'll need to get a series of complaints to move forward, I think.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
rob, their idea of "asking" was basically. "Hey reg's aunt, have your car out of the driveway by 8 on Thursday, I'm having the landscapers here and they'll be parking in your driveway. You'll have to find a place on the street to park because they'll be here all day."

Oh and the landscapers will be covering the front of their property with small stones. Now I don't know about where the rest of you live, but where I live landscaping stones are more commonly known as "little bastard thrown projectiles". And the few houses that have used them, have had them thrown at their houses and cars. What the hell are these fools thinking?!?!?!

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
They are seriously testing your gangster.

What the heezy? I will give you my teen-ager for a week. His unpleasantness and complete inablity to filter his thoughts will have them in tears.

Crazy neighbors are overtaking the world.

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
rob, their idea of "asking" was basically. "Hey reg's aunt, have your car out of the driveway by 8 on Thursday, I'm having the landscapers here and they'll be parking in your driveway. You'll have to find a place on the street to park because they'll be here all day."

Oh and the landscapers will be covering the front of their property with small stones. Now I don't know about where the rest of you live, but where I live landscaping stones are more commonly known as "little bastard thrown projectiles". And the few houses that have used them, have had them thrown at their houses and cars. What the hell are these fools thinking?!?!?!

Oh,hell to the no.

No way. That is beyond rude.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have to say, I like all your ideas. You guys are brilliant

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Yeah, I get that. I'm just saying that they will present it to the police--if the police somehow became involved--in a very different way, if I am reading my assholes correctly. So, it will be you saying that they insisted/demanded (and went ahead and did it, without permission) and them saying that they asked (and, probably, that you or your aunt said "yes").

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I get that. I'm just saying that they will present it to the police--if the police somehow became involved--in a very different way, if I am reading my assholes correctly. So, it will be you saying that they insisted/demanded (and went ahead and did it, without permission) and them saying that they asked (and, probably, that you or your aunt said "yes").
Yabbut the a-holes can't get in the driveway if reg wedges her car firmly across the bottom of it well before 8 am.

Last edited:

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
i like the teenager idea,....

that would work. they are scary.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I know, I think our best bet is to just back the car down and leave it there.

You know what stinks. I don't like being a jerk (most of the time :D) but there are just sometimes, there are no alternatives. And I have ample jerktitude to go around

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com

That's why she should call the police ahead of time, before anything happens, to make it clear that the neighbors do not have permission to go on their property.

Sheryl Nantus

Holding out for a Superhero...
Registered
Reaction score
Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second
Website
www.sherylnantus.com
One of the problems with this particular neighbor is she's newly related to another neighbor my aunt has been friendly with for over 50 years. So the new neighbor feels she's entitled to take liberty.

exactly why you've got to get some sort of "legal" reason other than "I said so" behind you.

toss the lawsuit comment in HER face if she comes over and yells about you not moving the car. Bet she gets all red in the face and flustered. She may promise that she wouldn't sue YOU if something happens, but don't believe her for a second.

it sucks to be the "bad guy", but you've got to hold your ground if only to save you/your aunt from possible liability here. And if not now, when?

just hug your aunt a lot while explaining it to her. She'll probably feel awful and all that, but explain that you can't take the legal risk of losing everything for this psuedofriendship.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Now, if this was me, I'd go over today and tell them that my driveway would not be available on tomorrow morning and that they needed work out their own solution to their problem.

And that next time, if they asked instead of told, used their manners and were neighborly, they might get a better response.

Then I would park my car at the end of the driveway the night before and wave cheerily in the morning.

But then I've always detested being told what to do and my filters are all broken when I'm pregnant anyway. Must be the hormones.:eek:

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Gee, that sux, Heather. Sure wish you guys didn't have that. Sometimes neighbors bite big time. Hope the prob. gets solved in your favor! Much good luck 'n :Hug2:s

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
My uncle Mike used to clean his guns on the front porch. He said it was better at making for good neighbors than fences.