Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Sad thing... I have NO idea what jeggins are. More of the shorts and fishing shirt kinda guy.

Hell just look at the picture of my son, thats high fashion for him.

*Likes the camo* - my kind of kid! :D

Anybody think my 'Malifocent' Avi is too over the top. *has been wanting to use her for weeks - but wasn't sure she was right for me*

5398cane

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
Ya his closet if full of camo. But the little shit wont go hunting, he hates the sound of guns, but my little 6 year old princess is all about the hunting. I though that her hear was going to spin off the first time we shot a hog together. She likes it so much i had to go buy her "her own" flash light when we go shining for hogs.

We were at camp last year, and just riding around, I saw this young doe on one of my food plots, and yes I am an avid hunter but I am choosy about what I shoot. She was young and small so we just sat and wathed her for about 30 mins. After a bit Janie looked at me and said "Dad we come to deer camp to shoot the deers" Like i was stupid or something.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
haahahahahahahahahahahahah! That a cute story!

Hum... never went hunting, although i've just recently been camping for the first time ever. Yeah not doing that again. I like my nice warm dry bed... it rained the whole weekend and everything i brought got soaked.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Ya his closet if full of camo. .... "Dad we come to deer camp to shoot the deers" Like i was stupid or something.

That is funny. To each his/her own. I know my dad was all into hunting in his prime, but I do not like the great-outdoors. I inherited the 'smell-good' gene from my mother's father. He and I both attract, get bit by, any nasty(possibly poisonous) thing around. In a room of 20 people and one mosquito - I am the one getting bit! It totally turned me off to 'nature' as a child. :D

pezie

Registered
Reaction score
Cute story, 5398cane! My kids are too young for hunting just yet (though I don't hunt, but my FIL hunts pheasant, so sometimes my DH goes). But my daughter is kind of a tomboy too (at 17 m/o). Example: we'd gone outside to play on the swingset and it was pretty muddy out there from rain the night before. My sons stood on the grass like, "Ew. Not going in there!" while my daughter climbed in and splashed around in the mud puddles. LOL. Love it!

amlptj--I thought I liked camping. But then I got married and found out I've never camped "for real". My family would drive up to a state park and we'd sleep in a tent and have fires and cook on the grill. My DH likes to go places where you have to hike 2 miles to your campsite, portage canoes and dig holes to poo in. Ick. No thank you!

5398cane

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
I dont know why but the only bugs that i have issues with are Deer Flies. Personally I think its a revenge thing...

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Thats how I am too... but the reason i'm not an outdoors person is because i'm allergic... (yeah i know impossible right? NO!) I'm allergic to... Trees, dirt, dust, grass, 3 different types of ragweed, pollen, some flowers, and the worst of them all....mosquitos... Yes i'm allergic to them so if i get bit... well that means a normal little bump for someone tures into a softball size oozing welt for me. God i hate mesquitos, i pratically have to bathe in Off before i go outside in the summer.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
...I thought I liked camping. But then I got married and found out I've never camped "for real". My family would drive up to a state park and we'd sleep in a tent and have fires and cook on the grill. My DH likes to go places where you have to hike 2 miles to your campsite, portage canoes and dig holes to poo in. Ick. No thank you!

Wow! Ick is right!!! I will never go on that type of camping trip - yuck. :D Sissy over here. Likes her comforts, and a bathroom nearby with a seat!

Kallenie

Registered
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to grow up in the middle of nowhere so everyday is like camping for me.

Except I have running water and a dry bed.

We go camping camping sometimes but I prefer being able to have heat and then go out on the dock with my coffee and laptop now that internet access has found us out here.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Thats how I am too... but the reason i'm not an outdoors person is because i'm allergic... (yeah i know impossible right? NO!) I'm allergic to... Trees, dirt, dust, grass, 3 different types of ragweed, pollen, some flowers, and the worst of them all....mosquitos... Yes i'm allergic to them so if i get bit... well that means a normal little bump for someone tures into a softball size oozing welt for me. God i hate mesquitos, i pratically have to bathe in Off before i go outside in the summer.

Another alternative to 'Off' that smells good in 'Skin-So-Soft', from Avon. Whatever the plant is every, and I do mean every - bug hates it! It's an oil like bath wash(according to the bottle), and you'll smell like ... oh, you'd have to smell it. It's a sweet clean smell.

Word of warning though, it likes to stick to pipe in drains, so don't use it in the shower in heavy doses. Better to just get some one a cotton ball and rub it on. :D

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to grow up in the middle of nowhere so everyday is like camping for me.

Except I have running water and a dry bed.

We go camping camping sometimes but I prefer being able to have heat and then go out on the dock with my coffee and laptop now that internet access has found us out here.

Wow, you are super-person. You should get a medal just for surviving the 'roughing-it'. :D

Kallenie

Registered
Reaction score
Oh I know right? It's so hard to be me ;) Maybe one day I'll write a memoir on my struggles. People love suffering right?

I love it out here. I think it's why I'm generally not a huge fan of camping. I like it, but why would i do it when I can be outside, have a campfire, go swimming anytime, and then go to sleep in a nice warm bed after a nice hot shower?

I would give up the bugs though, it gets really bad up here ars there's a lot of muskeg so we get sand flies and mosquitoes from hell.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I dont know why but the only bugs that i have issues with are Deer Flies. Personally I think its a revenge thing...

hahahahahahahahah! Apparently deer bugs hate me too... my first time away at summer camp when i was little was like the first time i want hicking... i got bit by a tick... three months later half my face became paralized and thats when i found out i had Lyme disease... FIRST TIME EVER HICKING! Really!? I seriously have bad luck

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
We have a mother dove who is teaching her 2 babies to fly - by having them fly from the nest a short distance to the top ledge of our security door. It's not far, but our cat is going nuts staring at them thru the door... They keep flying over heard, putting on an acrobatic show - pretty soon she is going to bludgen herself against that door...

@Allie - oh my gosh! !!!??? That a what the heck moment if I ever heard of one!

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Where you live reminds me of where my friend now lives

Just last week we helped my friend move into his summer place up in the CO Rocky mountians That required a 2 day road trip (14 hours a day) and a hike up a mountain, but his place was nice... Its like a small log cabin and right out back is this stream and its completly awesome looking.

Kallenie

Registered
Reaction score
I love them, I spent most of my childhood running amok in them though so there's a nostalgia factor.

That being said I've been craving Starbucks something bad and there's none within a six hour drive of here.

Last edited:

misslissy

Only a sassbucket sometimes.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
womeneverywhere.wordpress.com
I'm not a huge Starbuck's fan, tbh. I don't drink coffee and their hot chocolate is not that great. Plus, I've tried Tim Horton's and I can't go back to Starbucks after that.

Kallenie

Registered
Reaction score
Canadian coffee chain. Their coffee tastes like ashtray in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.