A Life of Crime and Chocolate

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
It's late friday here, but happy birthday for my yesterday and your today. You're the same age as me. 1988 produced some really amazing things :tongue.

Just shows how clever I am. I'm 25 this year, so that means you're an '89 baby. Fine! Lots of great things came out in hte late 80s then.

Last edited:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Friday-itis.

I'm at work, with stuff I'm supposed to be reading, and I'm itching to redesign my book cover. Which is totally not what they are paying me to do.

But it does need a redesign, because I'm going to take a shot at renaming the book. Some wise person (waves at osg) suggested "Dead Hour" (a phrase which does actually have a specific meaning in the story), which I like better than "Alibi," but screws up the composition on the minimalist book cover I've been using.

So it's Friday, and I don't want to work at my paying job, and I'm putting off starting my February book work, and there's Adobe Illustrator sitting patiently on my laptop, serenading me with its siren song of vector graphics...

(And whether I sell this thing or self-pub it, I'm not planning on designing the final cover anyway, so it's really a waste of time...but still.)

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I hope I can get over this cold soon. I'm getting so tired of coughing and sneezing. -_-

There are some nasty, persistent bugs flying around here these days. Take care of yourself.

(We need a virtual-chicken-soup smilie. And a virtual-veggie-broth smilie, for the vegans/vegetarians in the group.)

tarak

for certain qualities of "sane"
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Central Pennsylvania - the gateway to Harrisburg
I think the norovirus is running pretty much rampant around here, along with the flu bug. We just got back from vacation and my kids didn't want to go to karate the week before because they didn't want to pick up anything at the studio. Probably wise, with the cold temps, sweating and sparring, then back to cold temps.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
I actually got some writing in today, surprisingly. That makes me kind of happy. I also think I have an idea for what I'm going to do with this story. So, yay!

Go you!

I am feeling really bumbed, I havnt written anything in nearly 2 weeks. I have been reading heaps though. This week I've read 4 books.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
So much for my plans to write today, but at the same time I'm not going to complain! My horrible 2 inch diameter cyst that everyone thought was cancer to start with has almost totally drained today. After months of conventional pills etc I decided to try an old Scots folk remedy for making a poultice and the thing is nearly totally gone. I am so happy. I know it's shallow, but I've felt so horrid and unattractive for the last couple of weeks with this huge gross lump, haven't been able to wear low-cut stuff or anything. And now it's going to be gone in time for my trips abroad and everything.

Sorry to talk about health-related stuff, but I am so happy. Only problem is part of the poultice recipe involves chopped onions, so I'm not really the best person to be around right now...

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, Zelenka, I'm glad it's gone! That kind of thing can definitely affect self-esteem. :Hug2:

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
There is deffinatelly something to be said for old wives tails. Glad it's nearly gone and you can enjoy your travels without being self conscious :)

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Begining of a new school year today. My tiny baby boy, Christian (4), started Kinder Garden today, he was so incredibly excited.

Blake (6 next month) started homeschooling today. He was excited that he got to call me Mrs. Mum Hehe, love him.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Awww! Congratulations on both kindergarten and home schooling. How wonderful. :) Were you weepy about kindergarten? I still get choked up thinking about my kids going.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Nah, I used to be a huge sooky lala, crying at the drop of a hat, but everything with Blake and his health has toughned me up :)

Christian was awesome, he was just like ok, buy Mum, I'll see you later. The boys cuddled and kissed each other, and that was it. Then when I picked him up I asked him if he was glad to be home. He said, 'Nope, I wshed I could stay aty school forever.' At least he liked it I guess.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so glad Christan liked school, French. It's awful when they hate it and you have to drag them kicking and screaming.

Zelenka, Yay for old cures, they're definitely the best. So glad you're feeling better.:Hug2:

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hi:Everyone.

Good to hear that things are working out well in here.

I'm sure Shakesbear is pleased to know that the remains found under the car park (parking lot in the US) in Leicester were indeed those of King Richard III.

It still amazes me that they thought to look there.

:D

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
So glad he enjoyed it, French!

May Richard rest in peace.

Where is Shakes, anyway? And Doc? Stop going missing on me, people! Mama worries!

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
So glad he enjoyed it, French!

May Richard rest in peace.

Where is Shakes, anyway? And Doc? Stop going missing on me, people! Mama worries!

Richard's right here. I'm at work, so not really resting, although if I have another four hour conference call I really might go looking for a car park to sleep under...

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Capture.png

Getting ready to go to France on Friday. It seemed so far away and then suddenly it's here. Quite excited.