Narrow road to the deep north

Status
Not open for further replies.

anant

Banned
Reaction score
Is it possible to get to read/download this man booker prize winning novel? That is, ebook free download...

Searched high and low on google, cldnt get it. Anyone know any free link, will be very helpful. You can also pm.

Last edited:

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
Is it possible to get to read/download this man booker prize winning novel? That is, ebook free download...

Searched high and low on google, cldnt get it. Anyone know any free link, will be very helpful. You can also pm.

Have you tried a library? Or are you trying to find a way to steal a copy?

anant

Banned
Reaction score
Before it recd the prize, it was available online for free. I missed it. So, I'm trying to find out.

No, I haven't tried any library nor do I know of one. Can you help?

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
Before it recd the prize, it was available online for free. I missed it. So, I'm trying to find out.

Are you sure? It was published in December 2013 and on the Booker longlist in July 2014. I can't see the publisher handing it out as a freebie in the meantime.

Can I help you find a library? No.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, no it really wasn't. If you are terribly poor, please send me your address and I'll post you my copy.

Because - stealing from writers (and - excuse me - asking how to do that on a writers board?) really sucks.

Happy to send it to you. It's a great read.

Last edited:

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
It's a very fine book. I have it here on my e-reader. *points* But I could only read it in bits, because it's not only very fine, but also very harrowing.

anant

Banned
Reaction score
Thx, I did read the first chapter before posting.

If someone can send me a copy of the book/ebook, it'll be helpful. Thx.

Buffysquirrel

Registered
Reaction score
If you want people to help you find a library, you need to tell us where you are. Otherwise, try a bookshop.

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
Thx, I did read the first chapter before posting.

If someone can send me a copy of the book/ebook, it'll be helpful. Thx.

Buy it from a shop or loan it from a library.

This is a community of writers, and piracy is theft from a writer. You will not find help pirating novels here. It goes against the core rule of the forum: respect your fellow writer.

The author spent years to create that novel. I'm curious -- how old are you, Anant? Your posts come across as someone who's quite young, or possibly not a native English speaker, but it's hard to tell as you've left your profile quite blank. Your name makes me wonder if you might be living in India?

What makes you think you deserve someone's hard work, that's won awards and that other people are clearly willing to pay for, for free? Why do you feel entitled to a free book?

Last edited:

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
What town do you live in? Call your town/city/village hall and ask them where the library is. Google the name of your town + public library. etc

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This isn't how we roll here on AW. Yeah, we're all about helping our fellow writers but this goes beyond the pale. And seeing as how this is your entire post history? :Thumbs:

anant

Banned
Reaction score
How shld you respect fellow writers? Richard Flanagan is your fellow writer?

An author who has won the booker prize considered the highest in lit fiction doesn't need mine or your money for respect. Its the publishers who want to rake in more and more money with this. He gets loads of money in the prize itself. In fact, these books shld be available free. After winning the highest recognition, why look at sales? Is the prize related to pushing up sales like the beauty contests related to promoting and selling cosmetics?

You respect a writer only by reading his book and appreciating. It doesn't have to be necessarily bought. Why link buying with respect? Is he so terribly poor? Gimme a break !

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
No one here will condone pirating books. It's illegal. And, yes, it is disrespectful to the writer. Doesn't matter what the author's financial situation is. They wrote the book; they should be paid for that.

You can borrow the book from a library, from a friend, etc.

Also, there are sites like http://www.booklending.com/ where you can see if anyone is willing to lend their kindle copy.

Or http://www.paperbackswap.com/index.php where you can swap used physical books.

Status
Not open for further replies.