Blog Tours

allz28

No Stranger To Rejection
Registered
Reaction score
I'm an author assistant to a couple of major authors and have been tasked with finding good blogs for a blog tour. Does anyone have any good tips for locating influential blogs with strong readership? I've performed Google searches, browsing blogs by genre and such, but it's really difficult to determine which blogs are worth their time and which aren't. Thanks for your help!

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Basically you have to work out which have influence in real terms by doing real research. It will depend a lot on genre, but also on the kind of audience they are trying to reach as each blog caters to a certain kind of readership. The fastest way to work it out would be to ask people who read that genre what the influential blogs are.

allz28

No Stranger To Rejection
Registered
Reaction score
I should mention that I'm not a "blogger" myself, so this is all rather new to me. Any other tips for a newbie?

Can anyone recommend any good ranking sites for blog content or # of readership? Any favorite generalized blogs? Are there any legitimate blogging awards systems for sites that offer author interviews and such?

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
My point is that there is no such easy way to do it. And when you find the top blogs you will find most are too busy to accept the great majority of books offered for review/blog tour purposes. Or at the very least you will need to book a date months in advance.

malamute

Registered
Reaction score
I'm fortunate my publisher organised mine on the last release, and again on the next one due out in October. I had a fantastic response so would recommend it.

allz28

No Stranger To Rejection
Registered
Reaction score
I'm working on this many months in advance and am not worried a bit about blogs not accepting these authors for their tours. Let me ask a different question: Are most blog tours interview-based, review-based, or something else all together? What is most successful at selling books?

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
It depends entirely on the genre. Some genres (YA, fantasy, paranormal) are much easier to find audiences for with book tours. Personally, I would hook up with an established blog tour organizer, since they will already have 50-300 active blogs willing to review/promote your authors.

lauralam

Moonshade
Registered
Reaction score
I did a 50 post blog tour for my first book, using many popular wide-reaching blogs in my genre. It made little, if any, difference, at least in my experience, and was a hell of a lot of work.