Status
Not open for further replies.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
This morning, the ceiling in my wardrobe room collapsed under the weight of too much water caused by an obstructed heating system pipe.

Apparently, this was a problem the previous tenants reported, but the renting agency never followed up on it. They fix my ceiling, but I need to claim the clothes and shoes that are ruined with my own insurance. Which leads me to the fun part: I called the insurance company, and they gleefully informed me that my insurance was void because my mom no longer lives with me (she moved in when my father left her) and thus the parameters of the insurance policy had changed.

Now, I do get that to an extent (although I'm paying the same amount for less home contents, so technically...), but the way that they never let me know, never informed me of this (it's not in the policy either), and then as soon as I called and told them the problem, out of nowhere explained the above, which means they knew, they have it in their computer just waiting for something like this to happen, and that reeks of "wanting to rake in money and then not pay out" to me.

No, today is not a good day, why do you ask? :(

I would ask them were that fine print was because you can't seem to see it. But then I'm a hot raging bitch of doom today, so nevermind me.

Thanks guys. Don't worry I will never leave you for very long :D

The plan is to get knocked up this year, preferably in the next few months. So hopefully it shouldn't be too long in coming now. But I'm still getting impatient about the whole thing. Oh well. We'll get there :)

I'll probably ask the doctor about speaking to a nutritionist or something to try and get this weird eating thing sorted out. Maybe it's just a case of not eating the right foods to keep mah boday fueled 8)

Read this book and use this site. Taking Charge of Your Fertility It's the bible of all the reliable parenting circles.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Riiiight. Let me just ask MrMacologist if we can call our son/daughter "Cobra" :p

I dunno, worked for this guy:

200637_173565_1_024.jpg

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
First, :Hug2: to 10 and Psycho.

And I also recommend Taking Charge of Your Fertility. I learned more from reading that book than any sex-ed class or book I had. I'm so getting it for my niece when she's old enough.

Second: I got a request for a partial from an agent! Strange how actually sending the damn novel out leads to these things... (I had stopped querying. 100% chance of failure, there.)

And there are men in uniform at the B&N. Hubba hubba!

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Second: I got a request for a partial from an agent! Strange how actually sending the damn novel out leads to these things... (I had stopped querying. 100% chance of failure, there.)

Congrats and best of luck. Hopefully he/she demands more!

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck Psycho!
Thank you! :D

And I also recommend Taking Charge of Your Fertility. I learned more from reading that book than any sex-ed class or book I had. I'm so getting it for my niece when she's old enough.
I think I might invest in a copy. Certainly can't hurt.

Woohoo!! And hubba hubba! And more woohoo! Good luck with the partial, hope it works out for you! :)

And good luck with the men in uniform ;)

Afternoon folks. Boring day at work is boring, but at least has flown by pretty fast. And I have to report that last night me and MrMacologist did some serious cleaning up in the flat, which is nice cos it means a lovely clean bedroom is waiting for me when I get home :D Hoping to get my plot sorted out tonight; my novel is finally bursting forth after several false starts and I want to start writing it soon. Fun times!

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
*hugs Psycho*

Omg, I had this dream, and Hillz was there, and... Okay, just Hillz.

We were on the frozen water and we werent quite walking but we certainly werent swimming. The wind was deadly and we were trying to make our way to shore but couldnt see it. The ice was shifting, but not like ice flows- I cant even descibe it now but with the wind and ice it was the apoxyclips. We couldnt even communicate or hold on to each other. Finally we see shore and head for land. The ice gives way to cold water with huge swells, and now we are swimming for our lives. I let one wave carry me onto the land, which is the edge of a massive lake, not a beach. I hit the ground running, then I stumble, but finally I'm safe. I turn and see Hillz treading water and yell for her to do like I did and not get beat against the land by the waves. She does and we stumble further inland and then we collapse and I wake up.

When I went back to sleep I dreamt the wind was still crazy but I was standing by a road and hoping some loot would blow my way. Instead I rescued three kittens, one of which had been hit by a car or something yet was okay, and took them home.

And now I'm awake again. I'm gonna be braindead at work. Doh.

But I have an hour and a half to try and sleep sans apoxyclips.

Cantina survival dream? :Wha:

This morning, the ceiling in my wardrobe room collapsed under the weight of too much water caused by an obstructed heating system pipe.

Apparently, this was a problem the previous tenants reported, but the renting agency never followed up on it. They fix my ceiling, but I need to claim the clothes and shoes that are ruined with my own insurance. Which leads me to the fun part: I called the insurance company, and they gleefully informed me that my insurance was void because my mom no longer lives with me (she moved in when my father left her) and thus the parameters of the insurance policy had changed.

Now, I do get that to an extent (although I'm paying the same amount for less home contents, so technically...), but the way that they never let me know, never informed me of this (it's not in the policy either), and then as soon as I called and told them the problem, out of nowhere explained the above, which means they knew, they have it in their computer just waiting for something like this to happen, and that reeks of "wanting to rake in money and then not pay out" to me.

No, today is not a good day, why do you ask? :(

Oh that so sucks, 10. :( I hope that you're able to work it out quickly. :Hug2:

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning Friends!

But then I'm a hot raging bitch of doom today, so nevermind me.

This is going into my personal quote book and I shall use it at will. :D

I have a TON of cleaning that needs to be done today. And reorganizing, because Little Kricket has figured out how to by pass the baby locks on the TV stand in which we hold all our DVD's. He's also learned how to open said DVD's, so now I have to find a safer/higher place to store them. That, or invest is better locks.

And then, I shall edit! So if any of you see me poking around here, be sure to ask me about the cleaning or editing. If I say it's done, assume that I'm lying and poke me with a cattle prod.

Thanks guys! Hope Monday starts looking better for y'all.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score

Yay! Congrats and good luck!

ravenlea

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
morning all. stopping in quickly on my way to cleaning the bedroom, cleaning the office, and doing laundry (why is this is never ending chore? I swear my husband and kid were the same clothes for a week straight!). Need to type up a short I wrote over the weekend and since it's Monday I need to send out at least one query and one short story. ... I think I need another pot of coffee.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
First: 10 I am so sorry - you should ask: so, you were too happy to take my money, and now you won't pay on the premium? Que??

Consider it rest and refuelling time - you've written a lot lately. Writing-related wrist injuries are not what you want. Have a :Hug2: from me.

And thanks for the cheers everyone. Let's hope the writing group likes the result (next Saturday).

first - good luck for next Saturday!!!

Rest and refuel is pretty much what I did. I read most of the day. And increased the number of old books on my Kindle. I'm reading the craziest book - The House on the Borderland. It started good, got tedious, and started getting good again. I'm pretty sure this is one of the stories Stephen King was talking about when he did this forward.. or was it an essay? about borderlands, and thin places between one place and another.

And did you know there is another Dark Tower Book coming in April?? (speaking of Stephen King). I could seriously froth at the mouth over this...

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I think it's the PMS. My period is due in...*checks iPhone app* 4 days. My hormones have not been right since I had Little Dude.

DUDE, your iPhone controls your period? :eek:

Congrats!...and Rawr.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
But still. I wanted to be preggers :( So I spent the whole weekend sorta down about the whole baby thing and that's why I wasn't here.

:Hug2:
I had entire years like that. I don't think one's rational reasons for waiting ever quite make up for the disappointment, so don't be too hard on yourself for feeling down about it.

The plan is to get knocked up this year, preferably in the next few months. So hopefully it shouldn't be too long in coming now. But I'm still getting impatient about the whole thing.

I second the recommendation for the Taking Charge of your Fertility book. There's also some good TTC support boards over at Pregnancy.org, which uses the same software as AW but not nearly as skillfully managed. (And if you think writers are a touchy lot, try an entire board full of pregnant women...)

I am oh so very done, myself, and happy to send any and all remaining fertility vibes left to me in your direction, and pleased to know they'll be going faaaaar away (-:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What were they doing in your subconscious mind?

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
*drags self in and collapses on couch*

I just deep cleaned both my kitchen and bathroom. I am so pooped right now. I still need to clean/vacuum the living room, preferably before Little K wakes up, but my hips are demanding that I sit still for awhile. Oh yeah, and my bed has been taken over by a very large pile of clean clothes that have yet to be put away.

But, with a mind towards productivity, I shall reprint some pages from my WIP that didn't print well the first time around and then I shall start the edits. Luckily, writing/editing is a sit down job. :)

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Status
Not open for further replies.