Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Believe me, I'd like nothing better than to burn this place down. But with winter coming it may not be wise.

I just saw a mouse in my room, I'll have to let the cats in here. When it starts getting cold all the little field mousies move in. :eek: Bad mousies, bad.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
But the sticky traps are cruel. You can't get them off of them and they will just die slowly. :( And mouse traps are just too gruesome. I wouldn't want to die that way. :'( And definitely no poisoning. Not only is it horrible, but the cats might get into it.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hate mice. I know you can't kill them, but you can set out sticky traps and then send them outside.

So... instead of a quick, neck-snapping instant death, they can suffer a long, protracted death from the elements and/or starvation, if something doesn't come along to eat them first?

Explain that one to me.

:Wha:

No reason you can't kill mice. Prolific little buggers certainly aren't in any trouble, species-wise. And if you just can't kill them out of sympathy, you can always live trap.

But they do tend to come back.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
mouse traps are just too gruesome. I wouldn't want to die that way. :'(.

Going to ask the same thing I asked Ted:

A quick snap of the neck is not ok, but being toyed with for hours before having your bits gnawed off by cats is?

You people are sick, sick puppies. SICK.

:tongue

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I used to have traps called: Have a Heart traps. The mouse would go in and the thing would tip closing the door. But they do tend to come back in the house unless I drive off somewhere and then set them free. Unfortunately, they don't sell those traps here anymore.

I'm sure my cats, well cat (2 of them are too lazy to catch a mouse) can catch it. It's more of an act of nature that way and I can live with that.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Going to ask the same thing I asked Ted:

A quick snap of the neck is not ok, but being toyed with for hours before having your bits gnawed off by cats is?

You people are sick, sick puppies. SICK.

:tongue

:Shrug: Like I said, it's an act of nature and not ME actually murdering them. Leave me alone, it's hard enough for me to kill these little furry guys. I'd rather that none of them die. But they can't stay in my house. :/

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:Shrug: Like I said, it's an act of nature and not ME actually murdering them. Leave me alone, it's hard enough for me to kill these little furry guys. I'd rather that none of them die. But they can't stay in my house. :/

Coyote urine.

No, seriously. They sell it in a dried powder. You put some in a little container, like a wax paper Dixie cup or something, then set them tucked away in corners or floor cupboards or wherever you think the mice are coming and going.

It's supposed to repel the mice, is non-toxic, and completely organic.

One of my old landlords used it to get rid of the mice we had.

:)

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Um...we have a lot of coyotes here, but I've never seen coyote piss on the shelves. Where would I get coyote urine? :eek:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The internet? Like any other sane person would?

:D

I think they sell it in holistic-type stores and things, but the internet would be my first choice.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, so you want me to google coyote urine. :scared: great! :e2tongue: I'll look into it, thanks bos for the suggestion. :)

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
btw- anyone that has not yet read and voted on the Contest before the Holidays (link in my sig), please make time to do so. There's quite a few stories in there that I think you'll like. :)

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Good idea. :D

Now I'm off to do some cleaning and eat leftover pizza. Hope you have a great day. :hi:

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Coyote urine seems humane.

For the mouse, anyway. Not sure how humane it is for the coyote, but then again I don't know how it is collected.

:D

Ever seen the look on a dog's face when you clean up their poo? They cock their heads to the side and look at your as if to say, "Hey! I made that! Oh Gods, you're collecting it? You humans are far weirder than I was lead to believe. Yeah, I'm going to pretend this didn't happen and go back to sniffing butts...wow."

Collecting coyote urine isn't the hard part--it's getting the road runner to hang out long enough for the coyote to come your way.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
We found where the little nasty had gotten in the house and filled the hole with steel wool. No more mice.

And yes, I heartlessly poisoned the thing too.

:mob

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Youz evil, skwirrel. Aren't those things related to you in some way? :p

I know where they are getting in at, there's a large part of the wall knocked out where the washer and dryer are, but I'd have to pull them out and find some boards and nails to cover it up. One day, I'll do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.