Not open for further replies.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
So, went by DPS today. I need to go see an assessor and pay DPS another $315 plus whatever the assessor charges. When I take them a certificate of assessment, pay the additional money, take the test and pass, I'll get my DL back

So, Monday I'll be taking the Pontiac which replaced the Tucson back to the dealer and going away with my old Sunfire (I'd better get my old car back), but I can probably get the DPS fine taken care of relatively quickly.

The good news is I'm now pre-approved by a bank for a $20k loan and I've got dealers crawling outta' the woodwork to get me another car.

What's another month after 15 years (well, 6 years if you count the repo'd Tucson back in '08)?

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Signed the papers today for a 2010 Ford Explorer that I can take possession of Monday afternoon. This dealer's even getting me the money to pay DPS. Just gotta' get the assessor certificate, but it's a done deal and it even shows on my Transunion credit report.

So, Monday, after work, I take back the Pontiac G6X, retrieve my Sunfire, go to the other dealership, and trade it in for the Explorer.

I'll be eating a lot of rice and beans over the next year, I guess (but I can do wonders with rice and beans).

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Quiet in here tonight...

<unlocks door to basement, starts hauling bags of stuff up from below and piling them on the bar, finishes, locks door to vaults, starts sorting dripping "parts" into two piles, gets out tools and needle and thread, tosses a couple "parts" in Haggis' bowl>

A man's gotta' have a hobby for when the bar's slow...

ASC McLaren

Intended for mature audiences
Registered
Reaction score
I already eat a lot of rice and beans.

I found a 2000 Land Rover Discovery for sale for $1000 recently. I was in anguish...I've always wanted one but could never afford it.
$1000 for the Rover is just an initial investment. That is an owner interactive vehicle.

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
$1000 for the Rover is just an initial investment. That is an owner interactive vehicle.

LOL...I love that phrase and I'm stealing it. "Owner Interactive Vehicle." It's my understanding it was in a fender-bender and so the front is a bit dented and the hood is kept on with posts instead of the usual front-latch. Either way, I wanted it.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Just in time for the latest round of Oklahoma storms I am now the owner of a black 2010 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD with V6 4.0-liter engine with 67k miles on it. This one I got my loan pre-approved for so there's going to be no "Please return to dealership" phone calls. Immaculate interior (black), power everything, cruise-control, and a few other bells and whistles. The dealership is even going to cut me a check to pay off DPS so I can get my license back.

Bos, I'm safely away and out of the way of the storms though I can tell you that the remnants of what appeared (by radar) to be the storm that roared through Moore was still extremely violent and energetic (when I look out the window and can't see across the street for the rain, it's pretty, um, "interesting".

Fortunately, I missed being out on the road in it by minutes.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Greg, good to hear that you're safe, I believe Laurie is ok...talked to her on fb some and she didn't mention being blown away.

Dang Ted, sounds like you got a heck of a storm, too. Glad you managed not to get blown away. :O

I really haven't heard any news on the latest tornadoes, I pray for anyone caught up in them. :/

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I'll keep that in mind, Ted! No high winds in this neck of the woods, yet, but you never know. A dragon must keep her tail looking good.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
:roll:

So kind of you to be worrying so much about my tail, Ted. I don't have to get in the van for this, do I?

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
ha, you're not going to lure me in with that one! Now, if you would've said that you had some cows in there that might be a different story...

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.