• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Needed for 28k Coming of Age Novella

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogpie

Registered
Reaction score
This is my first time asking for a beta (who isn't someone I know), so here it goes.

My story is a 28k coming of age contemporary novella about a lonely 19 year old guy who never seems to have things go his way. He has a knack for using the internet too much, and seeing the internet as if it were the real world around him. But when he meets the love of his life online, he loses touch of the real world. That, and the secret he hides from himself.

This is a very introspective story, and there are crude words, but not very many. I'm looking for betas who would tell me honestly if they like it, and if they don't, tell me what they feel is wrong with the story. You can be a line-by-line beta if you like, but I'd prefer just a general sense of what's good/wrong with the chapters.

Thanks. If you'd like, I can start off by sending you the first chapter, and if you wish to continue then we can go from there.

Edit: Grammar and spelling are absolutely perfect. Don't worry, I'm very meticulous about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.