• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for somebody to read a first chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danicapage

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everybody.

This is Danica Page. I'm actively trying to publish my novel Black Rose. It is an adult christian romantic suspense novel.

I just basically need people to read my first chapter and tell me if they would keep reading, if it's interesting, if the writing sucks, etc.

I'm honestly looking for honest opinions. I don't need hand holding. If it is not good, then I want to know.

This first chapter has been quite a struggle for me and I could use some direction. I feel good about the rest of the novel, but not this first chapter.

Thanks in advance!

Osulagh

Independent fluffy puppy.
Registered
Reaction score
When you get 50+ posts, you and put it up in the Share Your Work section. You can earn those posts by critiquing and commenting on other people's work.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ditto.

And in case the thought of having your work pinched crosses your mind, although that is extremely unlikely, the SYW forums are password protected -it's vista - and roaming bots have no access.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.