• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a beta reader for a drama story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Kid, let me lay my cards on the table for you. This is not a criticism of you or your writing, but of your approach.

You joined us in September. Your first post and your second post asked for beta readers. In less than two hours, you got a reply from a long-time member telling you what actions would get you a beta reader, and one member, also a new arrival, offered to give it a shot. You were lucky there, and I hope it worked out.

But here you are more than two months later, not having interacted with the AW community it any way. You don't ask or answer questions at the boards for screenwriters, don't socialize at the non-writing boards, don't critique the work of others at any of the Share Your Work boards.

Nope. All you do is come here with your hand out, asking for us to give you something, yet choosing to remain a stranger. If you critiqued for others, became someone we recognized and liked reasonably well at Screenwriting and other boards, then two things would happen. One, you'd get to the required 50 posts in short order and be able to post some of your work for feedback, and two, we would be unlikely to ignore a request from someone we know.

Try giving of your own time and effort instead. It'll take you much further than you're getting this way.

Maryn, sure on this, and hoping you'll do it

Status
Not open for further replies.