• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

In need of beta for YA

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackcatwhitewolf

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in need of a beta reader for a sic-fi/fantasy novel. It is mainly time-travel, so someone with a decent knowledge of European history is appreciated. The main character cross-dresses, and another character is gay.
Any help is welcome.

Tsiamon

Registered
Reaction score
do you have a summary or blurb you could share?

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in need of a beta reader for a sic-fi/fantasy novel. It is mainly time-travel, so someone with a decent knowledge of European history is appreciated. The main character cross-dresses, and another character is gay.
Any help is welcome.

Most potential beta readers find it helpful if you
a) list the word count, target audience (e.g., adult, MG), and a basic storyline blurb
b) state what kind of time frame/turnaround time you're looking for
c) note what if anything you are willing to do in return
d) proofread your post

I'll also add that, not unexpectedly, beta readers tend to put their hand up for authors whom they know. Not necessarily know personally, but authors who have been around AW and have shown that they're willing to be part of the community and to offer help as well as ask for it. Many of us are a bit hesitant to beta read for someone if we don't have any idea of what their writing skills are like, how they respond to critiques, etc.

So, if you don't get enough beta readers now, it will probably help to hang around here a bit, participate, and maybe critique other people's works in the Share Your Work workshop.

cat_named_easter

Registered
Reaction score
Hey blackcat - would you consider a beta swap? I also have a sci-fi novel that needs a beta for its second draft. Let me know :)

p.s. My novel's around 93k words.
Blurb:
People have always claimed to see ghosts - the dead from the past come to haunt them. However, what if these "ghosts" aren't from the past at all? The truth is, they are people from the future, come back to observe and study us. In the post-War 27th Century, when huge areas of history and knowledge have been lost, Dyrne is a historian with a difference. Along with his colleagues, he uses advanced - and secret - technology to "visit" the past, cataloguing and reporting on what he finds. As well as keeping his occupation secret though, Dyrne is struggling with secrets of his own. Secrets that are driving him to manipulate more than the people around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.