• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta reader for 52K YA romantic comedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

spunkymisfitgirl

Registered
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Here’s the pitch:

Lucas White has a crush on Ashley Beret.

Whin Lethe is going to jump off a bridge.1

Whin has been in love with Lucas for as long as she can remember.2 When he told her he had a crush on a friend, she was SURE it was going to be her. How can it be Ashley? Who is also Whin’s friend. And how can Lucas have asked her to “feel Ash out”?

GOD.

Worse, the three of them are supposed to drive up to this weekend’s theater retreat together—a three-hour car ride and a whole weekend trapped in each other’s company.

What is Whin going to DO?

What she usually does: talk too much but also not enough, say all the wrong things and none of the right ones, and hurt people’s feelings—including her own. All while being a bit too wrapped up in her own head. OF COURSE when she blurts out her feelings for Lucas at exactly the wrong moment, he runs away. Won’t talk to her, won’t look at her. What ELSE could he do?

But when Whin finds out that someone else carries a torch for her as strong as the one she carries for Lucas—if not stronger—things begin to look a bit . . . different. As she finds herself reacting the same way Lucas did, she begins to realize that sometimes changing how you look at things changes what you see.

------
1 Well. Maybe not right away.

Maybe first she will take a few deep breaths. Maybe first she won’t let Luke see her face. Maybe first she’ll automatically agree to what Luke is asking her—to find out how Ashley feels about him—even though she’d much RATHER jump off a bridge, because right now she’ll say ANYTHING to be able to get away from him.

2 One year, two months, ten days, three hours. Not that she’s counting.

I'm open to swaps as well--let me know if you're interested and we'll go from there! Thanks!
[/FONT]

Bufkus

Registered
Reaction score
Hey there, I'm interested in beta reading. I also have a YA novel that I can swap, which I can provide more details on via PM.

Lena Hillbrand

Registered
Reaction score
Interested in a swap if you're still looking. I write contemporary ya. Kinda gritty (f-bombs are my friend) but nothing too crazy in this one. It is about a boy who loses his legs in a car accident and is learning to live as an amputee. PM me if you want to swap!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.