Is it okay for me to email?

J.B.Kantt

Debut Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jbkantt.blogspot.com
Here's my timeline:

• I queried this (fairly new) publisher on August 8th, 2014.

• I received a full request on August 24th, 2014. I sent the full the same day.

• On September 6th, 2014, I received an email from the editor, saying that they've gone over my submission and discussed adding me to the publisher. They then asked for me to fill out a interview/author Q&A. I did so and sent that back the same day.

My questions are: Is it alright for me to email the editor and ask if she received my Q&A? Is it too early for me to nudge? Also, I've made a few tweaks to my novel since submitting the full to them--should I tell them that?

I know that they're busy (for example, one of their authors has a new book coming out in a week), and I don't want to ruin my chances of being offered a contract with them. But there is a fear in the back of my mind that something went wrong with my email and she didn't receive my interview answers.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
I think it's been long enough. I wouldn't hesitate to send a short e-mail.

J.B.Kantt

Debut Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jbkantt.blogspot.com
It worked!

Thanks so much for your response, James. :)

I ended up sending a quick email yesterday afternoon--just to confirm that received my interview questions.

I received a response this afternoon from the editor, who apologized for taking this long and said the publisher would be glad to work with me! I'm so excited! :D

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Who is the publisher?

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
This Silver Rose Publishing? Eeep.

I understand you're exciting but please: reconsider. It's better to remain unpublished than to be published badly. I don't see how this can end well for you, I'm afraid.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
You're welcome, JB.

By the way, I have no doubt you're exciting but I did mean to type "excited". Sorry!