• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Mentor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Harbin

Power to the pen!
Registered
Reaction score
I've had good experiences with betas, but I would really like a mentor. I'm twenty-five, hopelessly in love with the art of writing, but I would like someone older and wiser (or at least more experienced) who can give me some guidance about individual projects or honing my craft in general (maybe career advice too).

I'm about to graduate from grad school, so I'll have my evenings to myself to dedicate to my work. I had a mentor many years ago who helped me learn the basics about manuscript format, story structure, grammar, etc. Now I'm ready for someone to help me get to the next level, in whatever way he/she can. For example, how do you take daily observations and make a story out of it? How can I write a story with the goal of timelessness?

Not sure what else to include about myself, so feel free to ask questions.

I look forward to any replies/PMs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.