amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Soooo... Apparently my downstairs neighbour accidentally f***ed one of "my" (as in routed to my apartment) fuses while fixing one of his.

Anybody know how to navigate the inside of a fuse box? 'Cause I just look at it and am like, "Uhhhhh... Wires? Knobs? Whut?"

I've only ever seen two types of boxes... circuit breaker boxes with leavers you switch back and forth--those are easy. If you know which breaker, you switch it off, and then on. They look like leavers.

Scary scary boxes with actual fuses... those you need to buy an actual fuse and insert it. The ones I saw screw in. They were round.

I just saw on the news that King Richard III was supposedly uncovered beneath a parking lot in the U.K.

King in a Carpark in the name of my next band.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Strawberries are bad for you? Almonds? Shrimp? Spaghetti with whole wheat noodles? Steak and grilled shrooms? Gnishes? Stuffed bell peppers? Coulda fooled me!

Given that one item on your list would make me dead, I'll go with "sometimes".

Morning, all! I am a rewriting machine today. Or I will be once I drink more coffee.

Yay for coffee and revision!

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Yay for coffee and revision!

*looks over outline*

Yeah. This is going to require a lot more coffee.

:D

I'm not sure if any editing will get done today. I can barely keep my eyes open. Good thing there's not much left.

:e2headban

Yay for not having much left!

Yay! Go, Tifferz, go!

ION: Cough + headache + conference calls = :e2thud:

Thanks and yikes! I hate that. Do you at least have the option to speaker phone it and leave the mute button on, or do you actually have to participate?

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
Thanks and yikes! I hate that. Do you at least have the option to speaker phone it and leave the mute button on, or do you actually have to participate?

I'm working from home today to make sure I don't pass any germs on. (I'm fever free today, though, so back in the office tomorrow, I think.) I absolutely used the speakerphone and mute, and just chimed in when necessary so far.

I'm also dousing myself in Vitamin C (well, okay, I'm dissolving it in water and drinking it), because I have non-work-related travel planned later this week. I will be healthy, damn it.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
I just saw on the news that King Richard III was supposedly uncovered beneath a parking lot in the U.K.

Yup! A friend of mine who's now at the Uni of Leicester (that's like 'lester' for non-UK folks) was working on that dig. They've been pretty sure of it for months, but I guess they've got pretty definitive proof now. It was really exciting when they first found the bones, too! :)

Admiral Snuggles

Registered
Reaction score
I'm working from home today to make sure I don't pass any germs on. (I'm fever free today, though, so back in the office tomorrow, I think.) I absolutely used the speakerphone and mute, and just chimed in when necessary so far.

I'm also dousing myself in Vitamin C (well, okay, I'm dissolving it in water and drinking it), because I have non-work-related travel planned later this week. I will be healthy, damn it.

Plenty of fluids, dawg.

Admiral Snuggles

Registered
Reaction score
Yup! A friend of mine who's now at the Uni of Leicester (that's like 'lester' for non-UK folks) was working on that dig. They've been pretty sure of it for months, but I guess they've got pretty definitive proof now. It was really exciting when they first found the bones, too! :)

I read that there was evidence of a sword being thrust up his buttocks. I really hope he was dead for that. :(

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Morning :)

Should I start my list of things todo now, or after coffee and some writing?

*ponders*

I don't have work till 6pm. Which is awesome, because I much prefer working at night than during the day, when I could be doing stuff.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
I read that there was evidence of a sword being thrust up his buttocks. I really hope he was dead for that. :(

Well 'into one of his buttocks', which is slightly different *shifts uncomfortably*

They got the 5 yr old boy that was a hostage in alabama out. I'm so very happy. That just made my day :D

Woohoo! I've been keeping an eye on that story, but haven't looked this evening. Great news! :)

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score

I hope you feel better soon. Non-work is the best kind of travel. :D

Aaaaaaaauthor interview!

:D

ETA: Blushing Mischief consists of meeee, KitCat, Shuemais, TypoToffee, SaraP and SydneyD :D

Woot! Congrats again. :D

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
I think I've finally ventured into weird writer territory. I created one of my MCs on the Sims, and find myself oddly attracted to him. :chair

This is why I love the UK. :D

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Where'd my quote go?

Ah well. Yay for interview. Something to read later*

*meaning in a few minutes when I'm in bed

Ion, free drug samples from the doctor, w00t!

Now if only they'd work a little better or my fibro would blow chunks less. I enjoyed the weekend (with the exception of this one idiot woman who can't recognize or empathize with a fearful horse she owns :( ) so it was totally worth it. It's just really hard to bounce back sometimes. Or bounce at all.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Yup! A friend of mine who's now at the Uni of Leicester (that's like 'lester' for non-UK folks)

Hey, some of us non-UK folks have lived not so far from places named Gloucester and Worcester. Um, and Athol. Make of that last what you will (and be fairly certain you're not the first.)

They got the 5 yr old boy that was a hostage in alabama out. I'm so very happy. That just made my day :D

Oh, I hadn't heard that. Man, I was sort of avoiding that story out of fear it was going to end very, very badly.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I heard the news about the boy here first, then NPR.

Future Girl: covering America's headlines first!

Status
Not open for further replies.