Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning.

Let me see what I can do tonight. Mainly, I just need to nose to grindstone and get this done so I can then get it fixed.

Glad it's looking better. Now :whip:

And :whip: for all the other SSers. Including me.

Eventually that should suggest a certain cause and effect to you.

:D

Oddly enough, I can't get *you* to leave.

;)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe we should send sleeping pills to break you from the cycle ;)

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Halp! Halp!

I am stuck in a complete works of Balzac - 12196 pages

:e2drown:

Send coffee and croissants.

That is a super lot of pages. *sends a lovely Mocha and, sorry, no croissants, but I have Custard Creams?*

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Maybe we should send sleeping pills to break you from the cycle ;)

Don't knock it. Balzac made (and spent) a lot of money from his writing, so he must have had something going for him.

That is a super lot of pages. *sends a lovely Mocha and, sorry, no croissants, but I have Custard Creams?*

Ooo, Custard Creams! I have tortilla chips *offers snacks in cantina direction*

I have discovered that Balzac used to write for up to six hours a day using crow feather pens, once getting through ten in three days. Obviously, they were fairly cheap. (Sorry for unintended pun)

I should say that I'm not going to read all of it, only Pere Goriot and Eugenie Grandet, but that's about 10% of the book so still quite a lot.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Happy mother's birthdays! And also, ooooh, intrigue!

:popcorn:

Today is my mom's birthday too! Weird!

And good morning friends!

I'm going to edit my butt off today. That is the plan. Plus I have a new, non-writing project in the works. I don't know if it will work or if anyone will see it, but it should be fun. :)

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
I have an unknown US sister too! :Hug2: to you both. I've never had a sister before.

Our mothers all share their birthday with Susan Hill, writer of The Woman in Black among other things - born on not just the same day as my Mum but the same year as well, 71 years ago today.

Writing done for today, and the SS is 1007 words longer - actually did more than that as I cut one scene and rearranged a few bits. Fenika should get her whip out more often. It seems to work.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Clearly, this means something writing-wise. MOM HAI FIVE.

Kricket, you and I share a brain :D

If that is the case than I'm sorry for dragging you down. :)

I have an unknown US sister too! :Hug2: to you both. I've never had a sister before.

Our mothers all share their birthday with Susan Hill, writer of The Woman in Black among other things - born on not just the same day as my Mum but the same year as well, 71 years ago today.

Writing done for today, and the SS is 1007 words longer - actually did more than that as I cut one scene and rearranged a few bits. Fenika should get her whip out more often. It seems to work.

We'll that's cool. I've always wished my big brother was British :)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If it's pizza, it's Tuesday.

*Hands around slices - please leave the gf for Fen, thank you*

:drool:

:whip:

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
I've done a terrible thing.

I've contributed to the incentive of stores to start selling Easter candy before it's even Valentine's Day.

And I sincerely apologize for that.

But a one-pound chocolate bunny for $2.50 is the best price for chocolate around. =^_^=

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This woman keeps escalating threats over text. I wonder if I can get her to shoot herself in her foot any further.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This woman keeps escalating threats over text. I wonder if I can get her to shoot herself in her foot any further.

New Internet Term Recommendation:

Threxting (v): the act of shooting oneself in the foot and/or inserting said foot into one's mouth while trying to intimidate others over text message.

Last edited:

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning Cantina!

I'm feeling incredibly antsy being cooped up in the house. I want to go out and do something, I just don't know what. It's too snowy and cold outside and walking around the mall presents the risk of me buying things I don't need.

Holy crap! Three hours in the tax office, trying to get our income taxes done and out of our hair. They were packed to the moon with other early filers, and they have THE WORST CHAIRS in Christendom! By the end of it, my back was spasming so badly that I couldn't draw a full breath.
I'm so glad one of the aunts does taxes for me. It's worth paying her.

Surely not everything that tastes good to you is sweet. How about pizza? It may not be super-healthy, but that's all fat and salt, not sugars.
No, not every bad thing I eat is sweet. Pizza, burgers, general tso's chicken, etc.

And I realize I'm making myself sound like a fatty. The aforementioned foods are just indulgences. I actually eat a fairly low fat, low cal, high fiber diet.

I'll will save Zan from the stuffed peppers! I will throw myself all over that grenade!
Me too! Stuffed peppers are one of my favs.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
I'm feeling incredibly antsy being cooped up in the house. I want to go out and do something, I just don't know what. It's too snowy and cold outside and walking around the mall presents the risk of me buying things I don't need.

When I get like this i start decluttering stuff, thus giving me the incentive to go to the charity shop to get rid of it and thus justifying any purchase I may make while there. That's my reasoning anyway! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.