Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bald is still in. Use the dongs to exfoliate and come back.

Hehehe.

Also, Quote Booked.

Poarn is the right genre for everyone.

*sigh*

I so less-than-three you.

:Wha: How does one exfoliate with dongs?

Good night, kids!

Good morning, Cantina. Hope everything is awesome where you are.

Always.

So, I'm back home :) that means I'll be around again.

Welcome back, Sian! We missed you*.

Morning, gang.

Whut up?

*but our aim is getting better.... :D

Last edited:

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
As the Cantina Turns - Smibble of Zenda

Dispatch from Tech Support

FAO: Ande

Thought you might be able to pass this on. Apologies for the weird formatting.

Rex.

Dear cantinas,
You've got to help us. They are torturing us. We have lessons in chivalry and romantic behaviour
Rex has promised to pass this message on to you. He's up here in Romance doing
every day.when we get things wrong they set the Cupids on us. Max has scars all down his legs
some Tech Support, although to be honest, I can't see any work that needs doing,
because their aim is improving. They're keeping us in the store room at the back, with the artificial
but he's the Tech guy, not me. Max and I are holding up OK. They are feeding us
roses and the doilies. There are two main people in charge, a Mr Mills and a Ms Boon – I kid you
and looking after us, but we aren't getting a lot of exercise. They let us have pen
not. Sam Hain and his friend Harley Quinn are ok, but they don't know half of what's happening.
and pencils, but they tend to get upset if we try to write anything that doesn't
Rumour is they are planning some entertainment over Christmas. Max thinks it's us. You've got to
include Romance. We are missing our diet of aliens, zombies and monsters. Rex
help us get out of here. I don't think we can take much more of this.
says he needs to go now, so I have to stop. Here's hoping we can see you

sometime over the New Year,

Debio

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Good morning.

Nice, ali.

I just spent some time adding time zones for most of the Cantina to my world clock thingie on my phone. Even I am not sure why. It seemed like a good idea.

Thank you.

So what, you mean things like:

Chocolate time
Writing Time
Editing Time
Time to watch toons
Time to watch [insert name of series here]
Innuendo Time
Time to Sleep
Time to watch the deadline go past

That sort of thing?

Shoestring

Junior Space Janitor
Registered
Reaction score
Hiding from mountain trolls. Do you smell fish?
Good morning everyone. I had hot chocolate yesterday. I'm eating cereal right now.

I read Shakespeare for the first time last night, and had the best dream I've ever had because of it. It was a splendid mix of Romeo & Juliet and sci-fi, experienced entirely in a very bold red & blue, graphic arts style, with occasional interludes of an angst-angel, whoI'm pretty sure was a mix of Buffy's Angel and Van Hellsing. With angel wings and an oddly emotional reaction to pink ferns.

I think I'm going to read Shakespeare more often.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
No, the app allows you to add time zones for different cities around the world all in one place. My brain is terrible with being able to hold the time differences on its own.

I envision this to entail quite a bit of me going, "Great Scott, shouldn't you have been in bed ages ago?!"

Though your ideas, I likes them. :D

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
To my credit, the books yesterday were very short, right on the edge of being novellas. They're part of a series of fantasy mysteries that I am reviewing for the blog.

*hides Kindle, trying to look marginally less freakish*

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
To my credit, the books yesterday were very short, right on the edge of being novellas. They're part of a series of fantasy mysteries that I am reviewing for the blog.

We'll just go read freakishly fast together, Junely.

*Pops open the passenger door to the Freakmobile.*

Hop in!

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website

No! No ! No! Don't hide the thing. Just teach the rest of us how to do it? This is a skill I need.

Although I was thinking earlier (please note minor miracle there) that when I first joined the forum I was complaining that I didn't even have the concentration to get me through a page without stopping. At least I have moved up a little since then.

It's the influence of all you nice folks - that and my ebook reader.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Also- recipe???

Milk and a tin of Trader Joe's Sipping chocolate. It's 1/3 a cup of milk and 3 tablespoons of mix. Heat the milk, add the mix.

I bet you could do the same with any higher-end coco mix. Or do something like 2.5 tablespoons of coco powder and .5 of sugar.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thank you Norah Ephron. I am reading 'I feel bad about my neck' and she's just used the phrase 'mouse potato'

This is my new favourite description of me.

In case you don't know, and I bet you all do, a mouse potato is someone who is a couch potato but is constantly connected to the internet.

Do you think there's a badge?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No! No ! No! Don't hide the thing. Just teach the rest of us how to do it? This is a skill I need.

Although I was thinking earlier (please note minor miracle there) that when I first joined the forum I was complaining that I didn't even have the concentration to get me through a page without stopping. At least I have moved up a little since then.

It's the influence of all you nice folks - that and my ebook reader.

You know, I think I have a slot free on my lumosity friends and family account. I could give you an account for a week and you can play games that help you focus and avoid distractions....

But after that my friend in DE will prolly join and I won't have a spot until my cousin stops caring...

Wait... I think my mom took a slot... Er, do a trial membership and check it out...

/ramble

Milk and a tin of Trader Joe's Sipping chocolate. It's 1/3 a cup of milk and 3 tablespoons of mix. Heat the milk, add the mix.

I bet you could do the same with any higher-end coco mix. Or do something like 2.5 tablespoons of coco powder and .5 of sugar.

Mmm, sounds nice.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*Imagines BW in very wide trousers - discovers brain doesn't go that far* :D

I think they are more properly called parachute pants.

Which I only know as a child of that time.

Also, I've now crossed Rasputin with MC Hammer, and the results are very, very frightening.

:eek:

But also a tad hilarious.

:D

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure I want to go to Pittsburgh - that's always where the z-word outbreaks start... Although there are places I want to see.

Did the outbreak start there, though? I can't remember if it was actually specified that it happened there, or was just happening there along with other places.

:idea:

Also, fixed and redacted for 10s benefit.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I think they are more properly called parachute pants.

Even if I knew what they were called (and I want to point out that I didn't) I wouldn't publicly admit that I knew...

Did the outbreak start there, though? I can't remember if it was actually specified that it happened there, or was just happening there along with other places.

All six (or seven? I lost count) of the Romero films are set there. I really don't care for most of the remake of Dawn, so I couldn't say on that account, but I am pretty certain the Savini remake of NOTLD was set in the same location as the original, if not explicitly stated.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Even if I knew what they were called (and I want to point out that I didn't) I wouldn't publicly admit that I knew...

Don't know why not, given all the other public admissions you've made.

All six (or seven? I lost count) of the Romero films are set there.

Well, I know that's where they were set, but I guess my question is, was that a deliberate narrative decision, or filmmaking logistics decision?

Because sighting Pittsburgh as the source of the z-words as a deliberate narrative decision would strike me as... odd. There isn't much else to suggest it there.

Other than the rabid, z-word like nature of their sports fandom.

Status
Not open for further replies.