Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know how, but somehow the strange talk in here lately has affected my musical tastes. I now find certain things more amusing than annoying, for example...

I'll be quiet now.

Oh, you are SO late to the party :D I had that vid in my sig for years! Until lack of space forced me to remove it :(

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
There are a bunch of Hot Gossip videos up online, and some of them even make sense in context of the songs they are dancing to... I had forgotten how bad the hairstyles were in some of those videos.

cameomac

Geek girl since 1977
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this? Established female superheroes in what seems to be a chic lit/romance novel format.

It's giving me a very uneasy feeling...

Cramp

Pain in the writing wrist
Registered
Reaction score
I am feeling pretty pumped today. Had some downtime at work recently and after a bit of a slump I've managed to dribble out a story. Sure it's not working on my novel and is Star Wars fluff, but it's a good 4,000 words or so and it's undrivel. So yay me! :3

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Well, I got some homework done (yesterday). As well as a little writing. Went back to using my novel-writing programs (Scrivener and yWriter). That's pretty much it. Basically.
--

Also I have "Telephone" and "Paparazzi" by Lady Gaga playing in my head, and I worry for what kinds of stories this may or may not inspire. :D

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Yes, it's exciting! It will be a Tarantino all-nighter!

Back from church, did anybody miss me?

It's very difficult to keep playing the piano while simultaneously receiving communion, AND the ashes that mark the beginning of Lent.

Multi-tasking like a champion!!!!!

Each Lent I try to set myself a goal to improve myself. This year, for example, I will try to neglect less my relatives.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this? Established female superheroes in what seems to be a chic lit/romance novel format.

A few years ago they tried something similar (in comic format) with Mary Jane Watson, and... it wasn't an easy read. I have the feeling that this is part of a much larger problem with mainstream comic publishers. Having made that note, IDW and Dark Horse are doing magnificent things, and doing them with a panache that neither DC or Marvel seem to be capable of these days. So, so sad to see stories like that.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score

Because all anyone wants above all is just twu luv.

Oh wait, that only applies to females, right? Because you can't have a female character in a romance without making the romance the sole focus of the work and the character.

:rolleyes:

(Also, for those who are less fond of Valentine's Day, the turian councillor shares your sentiments. :D)

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I used to be a work in progress, but then... ;)

...I took a block to the knee. :D

So. Much. Win.

I... think I've finished.

*blinks*

t8zvc.gif

Morning, gang.

Whut up?

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I wrote another 800-some words on the SSSS last night. Still not done. :dire:

I think I may skip a bit ahead and write the end, then find the shortest distance between two points. Stupid, stupid characters.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
And here I was thinking people only did stuff like that in sappy romance films.

No indeed. I can tell you that the two young men (young as in younger than me) in the booth next to ours in the pub were having a very nice time over their Valentine's meal.

I'm not telling you what we were doing...other than earwigging at what they were doing obviously!

Oh, and I had chocolate fudge cake and ice cream

Chocolate...........

*backreading*

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
For those celebrating:

HappyValentinesDayLoop_zpsb216a5dc.gif

And for those of us who aren't:

screwvalentines.jpg

:e2headban

ION: Someone from Brazil tried to hack my facebook account last night. Thankfully, they didn't succeed.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
No indeed. I can tell you that the two young men (young as in younger than me) in the booth next to ours in the pub were having a very nice time over their Valentine's meal.
This is why I don't like Valentine's Day. It seems like most people are out being all happy and whatever and I'm stuck alone feeling like I'm doomed to be that way forever because no guy would go near me with a ten foot barge pole being held by somebody else.

Admiral Snuggles

Registered
Reaction score
Valentine's day is about drinking yourself into a coma while hiding your phone and not calling your ex-girlfriends because they have boyfriends now even though they are likely wondering about you too right now and remember that one night in the red dress? oh yes you do that was a great night right? ya it was oh my god why did I call you? you're pregnant? woah last time I make that call.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is why I don't like Valentine's Day. It seems like most people are out being all happy and whatever and I'm stuck alone feeling like I'm doomed to be that way forever because no guy would go near me with a ten foot barge pole being held by somebody else.

You wrote down exactly how I feel. :Hug2:

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com

You wrote down exactly how I feel. :Hug2:

You folks do realise that there is more than one aspect to the day right? I mean part of the thing is so that you can make your own feelings known to someone else.

Or am I preaching to the choir here?

And I promised myself I wouldn't get into this. Here I am trying to make people feel better, and offer a little hope, I mean it took me long enough to get to this position. Why oh why?

Look, I'm gonna go and write. Include me in tomorrow's fresh coffee run.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
You folks do realise that there is more than one aspect to the day right? I mean part of the thing is so that you can make your own feelings known to someone else.
The only two people I want to do this to are both so used to me casually flirting with them it'd take me about 10 minutes to explain that yes, I'm actually serious this time.

And then they'd both run away or start ignoring me.

God I'm a depressing bastard today... Valentine's Day really just doesn't agree with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.