Braggage

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Email today from an Apex submissions editor. She sent my story on to Lynne M. Thomas. It's my first Apex submission. No idea what my odds are at this point. Are any of you experienced with their process?

Not sure what the mathematical odds are at this point, but I know that they bump up a VERY small amount of slush compared to most markets. So, well done already!

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My sales always seem to come in packs... After yesterday's reprint sale, I'm happy to report that I sold my 50th original short story today!

"The Indelible Feast" was accepted by Stupefying Stories.

I am celebrating with chocolate and planning world domination, or getting to 100 sales. Whichever comes first.

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
My sales always seem to come in packs... After yesterday's reprint sale, I'm happy to report that I sold my 50th original short story today!

"The Indelible Feast" was accepted by Stupefying Stories.

I am celebrating with chocolate and planning world domination, or getting to 100 sales. Whichever comes first.

W00T! Congrats on the sale and the milestone. Now that's a big 5-0 worth celebrating!

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Alex and everyone else! :)

Well done all, been stuck in novel-world for what seems like an eternity...

Same here. I'm currently stuck at around 87k, too much real life stuff going on at the moment to just push through it. Maybe by the weekend I'll have gotten it. I feel really weird about not having written (or sold) any short fiction this year at all. If I ever do this writing-a-novel thing again, I'm going to have to figure out a better way of breaking it up into a slightly less monolithic, all-consuming task. If I can.

I say eat the cake first. Acceptance or rejection, at least you've had cake.

pyragelos

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Alex! That's a milestone indeed.

Email today from an Apex submissions editor. She sent my story on to Lynne M. Thomas. It's my first Apex submission. No idea what my odds are at this point. Are any of you experienced with their process?

One of the three stories I have submitted to Apex was sent to Ms Thomas for further consideration. The bump came at 11 days and (alas!) the form rejection came 28 days later...

On the good news front, I am thrilled to report I sold a poem to Ideomancer. *happy dance*

Last edited:

renard79

Teacher in Space
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
On the good news front, I am thrilled to report I sold a poem to Ideomancer. *happy dance*[/QUOTE]

Congrats! They're a great market. :)

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Alex for your Stupefying sale, and for number 50! Awesome!

Congrats Pyragelos and Reynard for the Ideomancer sales!

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Pyragelos!

So I heard from Stupefying Stories again today, and they picked up ANOTHER story of mine! So the count stands at 51 now! And they are now second only to Daily Science Fiction in how many stories of mine they have :)

Batspan

My Religion is kindness -Dalai Lama
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bathughes.wordpress.com
Last edited:

Batspan

My Religion is kindness -Dalai Lama
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bathughes.wordpress.com
Congratulations, Alex! That's a milestone indeed.

One of the three stories I have submitted to Apex was sent to Ms Thomas for further consideration. The bump came at 11 days and (alas!) the form rejection came 28 days later...

On the good news front, I am thrilled to report I sold a poem to Ideomancer. *happy dance*

That's helpful to know. Sorry to hear it didn't go through, though. The Apex bump is the best sign I've seen since I started submitting fiction again in May.

I'm pushing myself to finish the next stories-in-progress to increase the number of submissions I have out in hopes of not having too much of a downer if the story comes back.

Congratulations on the poem sale to Ideomancer!

Last edited:

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the recent braggage, folks!

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Congrats, all! :partyguy:

It's been a long while since i've contributed in this thread, but i have W1S1-associated braggage so...

One of my early W1S1 stories (March 2011) has sold to Stupefying Stories. They must be in a buying mood atm!

ETA: to go with the number of stories sold theme: this is #20 :)

Last edited:

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
Congrats, all! :partyguy:

It's been a long while since i've contributed in this thread, but i have W1S1-associated braggage so...

One of my early W1S1 stories (March 2011) has sold to Stupefying Stories. They must be in a buying mood atm!

ETA: to go with the number of stories sold theme: this is #20 :)

Congrats! It's always satisfying when an oldie-but-goodie finally sells.

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
Repeating last year's trick, I've sold a story to Lovecraft eZine's "A Night in the Lonesome October" tribute issue.

That's #198. Counting down to 200 original stories sold...

Niccolo

Registered
Reaction score
Repeating last year's trick, I've sold a story to Lovecraft eZine's "A Night in the Lonesome October" tribute issue.

That's #198. Counting down to 200 original stories sold...

Wow! Congrats, Willie. That's quite the milestone and I know you'll reach it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.