Newest Western

Western Writer

Registered
Reaction score
Hey amigos:

My latest Western "Black Ransom" will be released later this year from Berkley. Very excited about the book and particularly pleased with the cover art. What I've found is that the cover work for most Westerns is pretty dull - often using clip art. The Berkley people actually created a cover design that pertains to the story:

9780425265345_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

Western Writer

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Western friends Cathy and Dave. Yes, it does seem to be an ebb and flow genre. Will be curious to see what happens with the release of The LONE RANGER. The trailer looks kinda strange to me; hope it doesn't turn into another THE WILD WILD WEST (Will Smith) fiasco. Must say I never thought I'd turn from Stephen King into Louis L'Amour (genres not necessarily talent or success).

Kudos on your own work!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations. Nice cover.

Western Writer

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, alleycat. Have another Western coming out, one in currently the writing, and three others in the planning stage. Still amazes me how I got into this genre. I started out writing Horror novels!

BTW: Adorable avatar!

Last edited:

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Very nice. I have to admit I haven't yet grabbed this one, but I will. It looks like a great read.

Corsica

Registered
Reaction score
Nice cover. I really like the comment on the bottom.