• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking to Form an Onling YA Critique Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

tprevost

Registered
Reaction score
Hey All!!! I have a critique group at home that meets weekly, but one of our members mentioned that she's apart of many groups and how much she felt she benefits from it. So, I thought I'd try my hand at forming another one that meets online, but that focusing on YA. Any takers?

I'm currently working on a YA Paranormal Romance and am doing some edits on a YA Urban Fantasy for an R&R.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There's a YA Critique section right here.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Amen, Bufty. Somebody pass the biscuits.

Maryn, who benefits much from her genre's SYW board

tprevost

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I know about the YA section, but thought it might be fun to get a specific group together that's smaller. I've always liked having a smaller group to work in, but that's just me.

tprevost

Registered
Reaction score
JadeVardan, I'm just thinking of getting a small group of YA writers together where we'd email each other with a chapter or so once a week or every other week and we'd all critique the work. Just something small and informal.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think your reasoning may be flawed here.

You can't get a much smaller group than one - and it's individuals who read and critique submissions in SYW YA - it's not a group exercise. In any event there isn't exactly a flood of critters in that sub-Forum. ;)

I see no difference in what you're trying to achieve except that you lose the benefit of having your submissions read by a range of folk with varying degrees of experience even though only a few may decide to critique this or that submission.

Good luck. :Hug2:

Yeah, I know about the YA section, but thought it might be fun to get a specific group together that's smaller. I've always liked having a smaller group to work in, but that's just me.

Last edited:

BarbaraSheridan

*insert catchy phrase here*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbarasheridan.com
I see no difference in what you're trying to achieve except that you lose the benefit of having your submissions read by a range of folk with varying degrees of experience even though only a few may decide to critique this or that submission.

Good luck. :Hug2:

All excellent points, Bufty.

On the other hand, I'm part of a small group that "meets" via a private forum similar to this one. In addition to great feedback from pubbed & agented & those who soon will be. It's also about developing friendships that you might not because AW is so big with so many folks.

I echo the Good Luck. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.