Registered
Reaction score
1...Women,

2...Older women,

3...Younger women,

4...Tall women,

5...Short women,

Only five? I could go on...

Oh please, we're not that hard. Just give us chocolate and listen to us bitch about stuff every once in awhile and we're good. ;)

I so agree (with Duchess, #5). I don't understand the fixation with vampires or zombies. My own brother is a zombie fanatic, lol. He walks like one, too. haha

Ladies, try watching some of the smoking hot guys on the HBO show True Blood for awhile and then maybe you'll understand the obsession. Seriously, the new werewolf on there lately is hubba, hubba.

I don't really get zombies either, but the movie Zombieland was hilarious, and the movies 28 Days Later, etc, were pretty good for newer zombie movies.

L.J.

Registered
Reaction score
Ladies, try watching some of the smoking hot guys on the HBO show True Blood for awhile and then maybe you'll understand the obsession. Seriously, the new werewolf on there lately is hubba, hubba.

6. why Beatrix likes hairy men :D

little_e

Trust: that most precious coin.
Registered
Reaction score
I really don't understand people's reactions to certain foods. Like today, I put chicken hearts in the soup. Hearts don't bother me; they're just a chunk of muscle. My mother accidentally got one. I removed from her bowl immediately--I know she doesn't like them--but her reaction of disgust was so strong and visceral, well, I was afraid for a second that she might be sick. But then she went ahead and enjoyed the rest of the soup.

I understand not liking something. I dislike raw tomatoes, but I don't freak out or feel disgusted if I get one in my salad. I just pick it out or eat it anyway, whatever. But if I sat, "I think insects are an underutilized ethical protein source," or "Mmm, sweetbreads," the reactions are quite strong (and generally negative.)

Can anyone explain? I truly don't understand.

little_e

Registered
Reaction score
... rules. Not that i disobey them. I respect them. But i wonder why we have them? People would behave even without them. Maybe that's naive of me. I don't know. It is possible it is naive. But then again maybe it is not naive of me. Maybe we all would be good. It is worth giving a try in any event. It would save money as well. No need for cops or jails and whatnot. Large expense there! Not to say I don't respect what they do. They do a great job. Thank you to them. But if their services aren't needed then maybe they could be dispensed with ...
How many people get caught drinking and driving despite it being both illegal and a terrible idea?

Sometimes people behave. Sometimes I say "the baby's sleeping," and the boys voluntarily stop making noise. And sometimes I have to say, "No, you are not allowed to chew on mommy's cell phone/stand on the dishwasher/open the oven/etc., and they don't understand why, but them's the rules.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
1. People who pick their nose in traffic.

Don't they know it's gross and other people can see them?

Or, maybe they just don't care?

(Sometimes, I just wanna pull up beside them and offer them a tissue)

And these are the same people who walk in my office and shake my hand - Yuck, Yuck YUCK! :rant:

little_e

Registered
Reaction score
Now explain the chicken hearts!

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
1. Why Skype is free.
2. Where that library book went
3. How I'm supposed to dispose of paint and turpentine in an environmentally sound way
4. 'Prometheus'
5. Some people

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Oh my god! You do not understand rocking horses! Where you never a kid?

In the middle of the night, when I can barely see what is around me, and I come across the horror which is The Rocking Horse - which I always imagine to be rocking to and fro ever so slightly, even though I know nobody has touched it - the appeal isn't there. At all. And if there is a slight breeze, the stirrups seem to move, which is really, really freaky.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
HERESY!

I know the OP told us not to get in flame wars, but really. I cannot let this stand. Marshmallows at twenty paces, woman.

See?

It's actually that hot, melted marshmallow thing - Yuck!

Can you say Michelin Man? :poke:

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
^ you don't want to hear how sometimes I take a marshmallow and stick it in the microwave for 12 seconds, then, do you? Okay, then, I won't mention it. And you won't press the link here, will you?